I am Richard Lee ssekitoleko married with 3 children. I am the chairman of our project in Uganda , CEO Lwengo District Business Council Ltd, Head teacher Kyazanga Modern Primary school as well as the elected local government Chairman of the local community.
Our organization has been in existence since 2006. For the first 10 years the charity focused on programmes that support local people to engage in education and agriculture.
Vision : Uganda households earning a minimum annual income of $10.000 to enable them to access basic needs such as shelter, food, clothing, health, education and a decent form of transport. Which we are trying to achieve in our community.
1.Primary school child sponsorship is on going.
2.We are changing Communities through agriculture and social Enterprise.
3. We plan to add value to community agricultural products.
4.we built adecent house for a disabled window and her children in our community.
5.We are constructing a Uganda innovation center (UIC) which we hope it will improve the technology of Ugandans.
6.We are also planning to build a secondary and Vocational school.
7. Health center faze one is done we are now working on finalizing faze 2 of construction.
Types of help and learning opportunitiesCharity WorkArt ProjectsLanguage practiceHelp with Eco ProjectsElderly CompanionshipTeachingGardeningDIY and building projectsAnimal CareFarmstay helpBabysitting and creative playCreating/ Cooking family mealsHelp around the houseHospitality/TourismGeneral MaintenanceHelp with Computers/ Internet
UN sustainablity goals this host is trying to achieve
Cultural exchange and learning opportunities
Traveller's will have a wonderful way of reaching out to those in need. At the same time, it provides an opportunity to share love, happiness, gifts and talents with others. It amplifies a sense of pride and joy in giving back to the community at home and abroad. In our community most of the families are humble families who earn less than a dollar a day but they survive with their families, so we hope travellers to visit some of those families.
Projects involving children
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Help us in building a healthy Centre for Lwengo District - Uganda. Health environment and Education, Uganda Innovation Centre and other community programs.
We expect our travellers to help us with the following as detailed below.
1. Health improvement. First faze of our health centre was finished and we started working on 23 of March 2022.
We therefore request for interested Doctors to volunteer with us at the health centre. Any one with a medical equipment for donation is highly welcome.
2. Skills development. We need volunteers with different skills such as building, carpenters to help in building our planned health centre which will be starting before the end of this year, painting classes, compound designing as well as gardening. Actually in May this year we shall be painting and designing our new built nursery classes, therefore we need helpers for this exercise, any one interested is welcome.
3. Mindset. Our community people need to hear success stories which will motivate them to think positively about their future. Teaching them about the Saving culture, behavior change and better communication skills.
4. Care for orphans and underprivileged children. We need helpers to encourage and emphasize to these children they still have hope however they lost their parents. Also helpers are encouraged to come and teach these orphans the six principles of the bright hearts program which include courage, peace, truth, justice, freedom and compassion.
5. Sports activities. We welcome volunteers who can train our children in various games such as soccer, woodball, netball, cricket and other sports.
6.Arts and craft.Talented volunteers in Painting,multimedia,crafts,weaving and drawings will help us to train our pupils at school and the community.
7. Teaching. We have a primary school which teaches English,mathematics,science, social studies and religious education of which volunteers who can teach in in one of those subjects is highly welcomed.
To all our travellers, accommodation and daily meals will be provided at the organisation centre.
We take Security and cleanliness as our first priority when it comes to travellers.
What else ...
Uganda being the pear of Africa, we hope these helpers will have a lot to explore. They will have to visit and experience the beauty of our country while learning bout African culture.
They will also engage with school pupils in the different activities we have at school.
A little more information
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Can host digital nomads
We have internet at school and we can also access mobile phone data at the accommodation.
How many Workawayers can stay?
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: