Need independent adults to help out with carpenting and painting projects from July 2019
Social family of five + one dog + two cats, living in large house from 1914, in wonderful surroundings by the ocean, 12 km away from the city Svolvær in Lofoten.
- Mother Karianne, 48, journalist
- Father Trygve, 46, managing director of tour operator offering mountain hikes, boat trips etc for tourists
- Son Sverre, 13, who loves swimming, computer games, deep talks, English
- Daughter Erle, 16, who loves swimming, baking, chilling with her cell phone, make up, climbing, her friends
- Daughter Sigri, also 16, who loves the same as her twin sister
- Together we like hiking, swimming, watch movies, travels abroad when we can afford it, lazy weekends
Help in the house
We are a regular, busy, outgoing Norwegian family of five + dog + 2 cats.
We can offer language training through every day life and meals, and meeting our friends when they visit.
You are welcome to join us on mountain trips. You can also borrow a car.
Otherwise we are too busy to help you organize your spare time ;-)
We need handy helpers (20 years or older) with some work experience, who can paint walls and stairs, build furniture, fix lamps, locks and other stuff in a 105 year old house. The work must be done nicely, and with care. We are not vegetarians but would love to learn more about, and also be served, nice vegetarian food.
English, some German, want to learn Spanish
Nice, normal size bedrooms with comfortable beds, a work desk and a closet for clothes.
Own bathroom: not a very modern one, but separate from the family of five.
What to do with your time off in Lofoten? Well, if you are into nature, Lofoten speaks for itself. Google it :-)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week