I'm a French man married to a Thai woman and living with her and our 3 children in the countryside of Isaan (Thailand), close to Nang Rong city in Buriram state. I love working with my hands but I have many projects and alone it's very sloooow.
Also I've been a very active member on another website, hosted more than 1000 travellers in Paris when I was living there, and some in here too. I love hosting and meeting different people, and if these people can help me a little bit while I provide them living accommodation that's definitely a plus ;-)
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
You can learn thai or french, some building skills, discover about the rural thai culture, ...
Right now I am looking for people to help with many small projects such as make a vegetable garden, cut the grass, trim trees, make a wall, build flower bins. I also have a big project: build a natural swimming pool.
Ask me for my online calendar to find out when there is space at home or not, and who's coming (we can accommodate 5 people, 2 in a thick and big double mattress, 2 others on single but still comfortable ones, and the 5th on a thin mattress)
We have not super comfortable accommodation for you in that you will have to sleep on a mattress on the floor, but the mattresses are real thick ones and in a 24sqm room.
Here is more like spirit way of stay if you know it, sharing time and cultures, there is no daily timeline to follow ;-)
You'll discover the real Thailand, not the one shown in touristic places. People are really kind and willing to help around here. If you like countryside, it's the place to be!
There are some temples you can visit around, often my friends and people visiting are going there by hitch-hiking but I might join and if it's the case we'll go with my van.
House rules (I know some/most look stupid, but I got some people not respecting them so I prefer to write them down here):
- You are not in your home, you are in our home
- When you get out of a room, turn off the lights and fans
- If you want more than a coffee and 3 meals per day, bring yours
- I do have some French food and non Thai food/stuff. It's expensive and/or I need to get them from far away. If you want some, bring yours
- If you smoke, it's outside, we have some "smoking area" under the shade of some banana trees.
- It's up to you how much you want to work, but I'll not appreciate if you come to do nothing and not even spend time with us
- If you cook, clean behind you ;-)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
up to you, but a minimum of 1 would be nice- no food