Favourited 26 times
*** CoVid-19 update ***
A recent survey conducted by Suan Dusit Rajabhat University whose results were published in the "Bangkok Post" on July 19th, 2020, reveals that 95% of participants, representing the Thai population, are opposed to the visit of foreign people because of the fear of a second wave of CoVid-19.
So we will not go against popular will.
However, please note that all requests are welcome but missions with volunteers from abroad will only start once the local authorities give a green light for foreigners to safely enter the country again.
Volunteers already in Thailand with clear immigration status are welcome to start any time.
*** CoVid-19 update ***
We are a recently born official foundation registered in Thailand.
Here is the translation in English of our goals:
· To promote and publish knowledge that popularises eating vegan.
· To encourage vegan consumers to know and understand the benefits of eating vegan and the process of picking, producing or obtaining vegan foods.
· To promote the cultivation of organic homegrown vegetables, fruits and grains at the household and community level, to promote joint local activities and support the co-learning process amongst local communities, to also raise awareness of the negative effects on the environment of closed system chemical use in the cultivation of crops and livestock.
· To promote the understanding and consumption of vegetarian and vegan diets by presenting information backed by scientific and medical studies, through a variety of different media.
· To support and assist the coordination of clubs, associations, organisations, groups of individuals and various group activities involved in publicising the consumption of vegetarian and vegan foods, as well as to support campaigns that highlight the importance of a vegan lifestyle, for improved and efficient cooperation that is more vigorous and broader.
· To promote the non-consumption and non-use of animal products.
· To cooperate with or manage charitable organisations and public organisations for the benefit of the public.
· To not become involved in the political or religious sphere.
Help with Computers/ Internet
This experience will allow you to meet many local people coming from different background and share experiences and visions of life.
Working with the foundation will also enable you to have more contacts with people in the country.
We have many ambitious projects that will require time and minds such as:
*️️️️️️️️️️ organizing events promoting the vegan diet and lifestyle;
*️️️️️️️️️️ establishing MOU with local institutions;
*️️️️️️️️️️ creating links with similar and related organism abroad;
*️️️️️️️️️️ trying to establish the "Meatless Mondays" in all international schools of the country (166 in 2016 according to the Office of the Private Education Commission) thanks to informative and educational presentations; starting with kindergartens;
*️️️️️️️️️️ creating a vegan research centers for scholars (including Masters and PhD students) from all around the world;
*️️️️️️️️️️ raising funds in order to finance all those activities; one of the ways to achieve will be linked with the promotion of a metal band that signed a donation stipulating that they give away all their copyrights money to the foundation.
We are looking for volunteers:
*️️️️️️️️️️ with a very good sense of organization;
*️️️️️️️️️️ with good computer skills;
*️️️️️️️️️️ who can take initiatives;
*️️️️️️️️️️ who can work as a team and in autonomy (it sounds obvious but in reality it's not always the case);
*️️️️️️️️️️ who are serious and committed.
We already got quite a few requests for this mission and we were surprised to get some from non-vegan volunteers.
We are sorry to let people know that we do not have the time to (in)form them about the message they are supposed to help to spread.
So when you contact us, please let us know about when and why you decided to go for a plant-based diet. If not, you request will automatically be rejected.
We also got many questions regarding visas.
Legally, we have the capacity to sponsor you for a volunteer visa that could be extended every 3 months for a maximum duration of 1 year but this will only happen after we first meet in Thailand and we take you on for a trial period of 4 weeks.
Please understand that the visa application requires a lot of official and personal documents that we will not provide to people we only met on the internet without making sure that we can trust them and that they are the right fit for the position.
Finally, please note that, even for voluntary work, the Thai Ministry of Labour requires a minimum education level equivalent to a bachelor's degree (B.A or B. Sc). Please let us know your education background when you contact us to make sure that you meet the legal requirements.
As far as the accommodation is concerned, our little main office (which we only use for occasional meetings and which is vacant most of the time) in Bangkok (close to Ramkhamhaeng universities) is a standard one room apartment with a kitchenette and a bathroom.
The main room has 2 very comfortable sofa beds (for which we will provide clean sheets, pillows and blankets) where you and probably another volunteer (of the same gender) will stay (see profile pictures).
Food at restaurants will be offered the day of meetings with the team but we have no funding yet to give you "per diem".
However, we hope to be able to start in a near future an organic farming project supported by private clients so that we will be able to provide chemical-free veggies.
Apart from regular meetings (at least 2 per month), there is no fixed schedule; we set objectives and everyone works at the most convenient time for her/him to meet those.
You can also be a digital nomad and work in other cities between 2 meetings.
So there is a big flexibility!
Of course, this position is only open to veg(etari)an people who have strong knowledge about animal rights and the impact of industrial agriculture on the planet.
We precise this because we already got application from carnists who seem to be mainly interested in the great location of the accommodation.
So when you contact us, to make sure you have read the profile, please let us know in your message the number of years you've been living without meat consumption so we will sure you have read until the end.
Thanks for your kind understanding.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Internet is available in the building for a small monthly fee.
3 hours/day, 5 days/week (no food)