Favourited 57 times
*** CoVid19 update ***
Workawayers already in Thailand are welcome to come anytime. Please feel free to send last-minute request!
Workawayers outside, please note that you will have 2 options:
- if you are not fully vaccinated: a 15 days quarantine upon your arrival in the country;
- If you are vaccinated, you can enjoy the "Phuket Sandbox" scheme and be free to wander around one of Thailand's most famous tourist islands for 2 weeks before being allowed to travel somewhere else.
To be eligible for a visa, you will have to meet the requirements of the Thai embassy of your country. Please make sure to get in touch with them to get all the latest traveling conditions before contacting us since we are not aware of all the latest changes.
You will have to organize your visa by yourself since our attempt to help became a gasworks.
Thanks for your kind understanding!
*** CoVid19 update ***
We are a recently born official foundation registered in Thailand.
Here is the translation in English of our goals:
· To promote and publish knowledge that popularises eating vegan.
· To encourage vegan consumers to know and understand the benefits of eating vegan and the process of picking, producing or obtaining vegan foods.
· To promote the cultivation of organic homegrown vegetables, fruits and grains at the household and community level, to promote joint local activities and support the co-learning process amongst local communities, to also raise awareness of the negative effects on the environment of closed system chemical use in the cultivation of crops and livestock.
· To promote the understanding and consumption of vegetarian and vegan diets by presenting information backed by scientific and medical studies, through a variety of different media.
· To support and assist the coordination of clubs, associations, organisations, groups of individuals and various group activities involved in publicising the consumption of vegetarian and vegan foods, as well as to support campaigns that highlight the importance of a vegan lifestyle, for improved and efficient cooperation that is more vigorous and broader.
· To promote the non-consumption and non-use of animal products.
· To cooperate with or manage charitable organisations and public organisations for the benefit of the public.
· To not become involved in the political or religious sphere.
Help with Computers/ Internet
This experience will allow you to meet many local people coming from different background and share experiences and visions of life.
Working with the foundation will also enable you to have more contacts with people in the country.
We have many ambitious projects that will require time and minds such as:
*️️️️️️️️️️ organizing events promoting the vegan diet and lifestyle;
*️️️️️️️️️️ establishing MOU with local institutions;
*️️️️️️️️️️ creating links with similar and related organizations abroad;
*️️️️️️️️️️ trying to establish the "Meatless Mondays" in all international schools of the country (166 in 2016 according to the Office of the Private Education Commission) thanks to informative and educational presentations; starting with kindergartens;
*️️️️️️️️️️ creating a vegan research centers for scholars (including Masters and PhD students) from all around the world;
*️️️️️️️️️️ raising funds in order to finance all those activities; one of the ways to achieve will be linked with the promotion of a metal band that signed a donation stipulating that they give away all their copyrights money to the foundation.
We are looking for volunteers:
*️️️️️️️️️️ with a very good sense of organization;
*️️️️️️️️️️ with good computer skills;
*️️️️️️️️️️ who can take initiatives within the goals set by the board;
*️️️️️️️️️️ who can work as a team and in autonomy (it sounds obvious but in reality it's not always the case);
*️️️️️️️️️️ who are serious and committed.
That's for the basic skills.
We will have projects that will require those specific skills
* vegan team cooking
If you have at least one of those, your work with us will make a big difference!
We already got quite a few requests for this mission and we were surprised to get some from non-veg(etari)an volunteers.
We are sorry to let people know that we do not have the time to (in)form them about the message they are supposed to help to spread.
So when you contact us, please let us know about when and why you decided to go for a plant-based diet. If not, you request will automatically be rejected.
We also get many questions regarding visas.
Legally, we have the capacity to sponsor you for a volunteer visa that could be extended every 3 months for a maximum duration of 1 year but this will only happen after we first meet in Thailand and we take you on for a trial period of 4 weeks.
Please understand that the visa application requires a lot of official and personal documents that we will not provide to people we only met on the internet without making sure that we can trust them and that they are the right fit for the position.
Finally, please note that, even for voluntary work, the Thai Ministry of Labour requires a minimum education level equivalent to a bachelor's degree (B.A or B. Sc). Please let us know your education background when you contact us to make sure that you meet the legal requirements.
Our previous accommodation located in Bangkok has been a great source of misunderstanding and waste of time over the last weeks so we will go for another way.
The foundation has signed a 3 year lease for a 8,000 sqm plot of land in the Nakhon Chai Si (นครชัยศรี) area with running water and electricity easily available.
Our plan is to develop a vegan hub to pilot and conduct our projects. Until the place is ready to properly welcome people, volunteers will be hosted in private rooms in the house of members of the foundation to make work easier.
Of course, this position is only open to veg(etari)an people who have strong knowledge about animal rights and the impact of industrial agriculture on the planet.
We precise this because we already got applications in the past from carnists who seemed to be mainly interested in the great location of the accommodation. (Hopefully, the more countryside one will discourage those).
So when you contact us, to make sure you have read the profile, please let us know in your message the number of years you've been living without meat consumption and what was/were the reason/s behind this choice, so we will be sure you have read it until the end.
Thanks for your kind understanding.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Internet is available in the building for a small monthly fee.
The foundation has signed a three year lease for a land to develop vegan activities. The land is approximately 8,000 square feet with an extra 3,000 square feet space which will become the parking. It could be a place for you.
Please let us know what kind of pet do you have and we will let you know if it is manageable or not.
3 hours/day, 5 days/week (no food)