Favourited 10 times
Ou hostel is located in Guayaquil - Ecuador.
We provide affordable accommodation for backpackers and travelers who enjoy a chill, peaceful and cosy place to stay in while in the city chaos, we are NOT a party hostel, we like socializing but we need to keep it down from loud music and people.
We are close to 10 people in our family . I've worked really hard and i manage to succeed in creating a family atmosphere with my staff, a place we can call our second home and where everyone helps where is needed. We want our volunteers not just to help out for a couple of weeks but to actually be part of that family; to take a little piece of us to the road and to leave a little piece of them here with us. We are looking for people who are really into sharing with guests and staff, not people only looking for a free stay.
Besides the basic and common rules of coexisting, we have 2 pretty important rules for the staff guests and of course volunteers. If you do not feel comfortable with any of this consider not to apply to our hostel.
- We do not tolerate the use of any drugs.
- Due to our licences, we cannot allowed to enter alcohol into our premises. We sell beers.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND COPY/PASTE MESSAGES. MAKE US FEEL SPECIAL. If i don't reply or immediately decline your request is probably because your message seem like something you send to multiple recipients; if not, prove me wrong.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
We are not looking for people who just need a free bed. We want someone who is interested in been part of our family. Someone who could leave a mark at the hostel and also take a little piece of us with him/her.
Our volunteer would be a fundamental piece of our social atmosphere at the hostel as we wish them to mingle around with guests. As we have people from all over the world, they will be invited to make friends with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
As a hostel we might need help in different areas. We are always looking for people who could:
- Teach our staff basic english, french or portuguese --> Must have teaching experience.
- Photography and video making --> Must travel with proper equipment. Please provide links of a portafolio. Check our social media profiles in order to get an idea of what our vibe is and make sure you tell us a short pitch about what you will create during your time with us
Art, murals --> Provide links of your work. Check our social media profiles in order to get an idea of what our vibe is and make sure you tell us a short pitch about what you will create during your time with us
- General maintenance ---> Electricity, painters, gardening, carpentry. [To each one his own]
- Social media, content creator, bloggers --> Provide social media users and link of your blog.
- General cleaning --> If you have volunteer in this position in another hostel please mention.
We are also open to suggestions about personal projects each workaway have Give us a short pitch of the project you'll like to create and how would you do it.
Spanish, English and a little bit of french
We offer a bed in one of our shared dorms. [7people mix dorm] Breakfast is included everyday. For the rest of your meals, kitchen is available. Even though we have a supermarket close by, we can also take you to the farmers market once every now and then if organized.
Our helpers will be invited to join our free walking tour on their first day so they can know the city a little bit. We are in a very nice area of the city, closed to many restaurants, parks, clubs and there is plenty of transportations options.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week