Favourited 824 times
We are a catalane family who lives in the beautiful area of “The Pre-Pyrenees”, province of Lleida. We live in a quiet region surrounded by mountains. We live with our daughter and our two dogs. The granny lives in the first floor of the same house.
We are in the centre of Camarasa, and just 1 hour and half drive from Barcelona, Tarragona and the Pyrenees (the beautiful area of the high mountains).
We like simple, quiet life in countryside, in a tourist area. We have a house and an olive trees grove. We have 2 dogs and 2 cats.
We work as teachers but only in the afternoons. Pau is an amateur musician so he teaches traditional catalane music as well. Rosa makes a lot of traditional catalane and Mediterranean recipes. She loves cooking with whole ingredients and in a Mediterranean way. She makes jseveral types of traditional Spanish foods, and right now she can cook many recipes from over the world; many thanks to the friends of workaway for sharing your culture! ;-).
Rosa daughter loves nature, exercise and chess.
We speak fluently Catalan and Spanish, English and a little French. We love chatting in front of a glass of wine or a cup of tea, or coffee!
If you like to play music, we play catalane instruments as “tarota” but also double bass, racorder, guitar... (Pau is the teacher and the rest of us students, but we like to play together).
Rosa teaches English so you will be asked for accompany her in her speaking classes over all. You no are required to know English grammar. Only English spoken skills. In august there are NOT many ENGLISH classes.
If you ask for, we are able to teach you Spanish.
We hope meet you soon. Have a nice trip!
Mantenimiento / bricolage
Cocinar / compras
Ayuda en casa
Ayuda con animales
Ayuda con idiomas
We have helped a lot of volunteers to live and understand the culture of the people who live in the Pyrenees. We really love chatting after the meals and we keep the old style of the living from mediaterranean areas.
We are fond of accompany our friends of workaways to discover the Catalan and Spanish culture depending on the interest they have.
A part from that Rosa is Spanish teacher; many volunteers have improved their Spanish with us.
MAINLY we would like to have someone that can give a hand at home: cleaning and cooking ( we only ask for preparing salad and omelettes ). We need help with our dogs.
We have one mid-wild pigeon.
We ask for some help in English conversation classes (Rosa mother works as an English teacher sometimes). But it is not needed in August. Only ocassionally.
We are delighted about languages exchange.
We expect five hours of help a day, five days a week . If you spend your weekends with us, do the normal help you would do at your home: helping with the kitchen, the table, etc.
Catalan (native), Spanish (native), English (advanced), French (beginners)
A room in the 2nd floor, a floor in our town house with a bathroom. We live in the centre of a little medieval town of the Pre- Pyrenees of Catalonia (Lleida, Spain).
- The couple, Pau and Rosa are near our fifties both. We live in a little town of 500 inhabitants. Our house has 4 floors where in the first is living our grandmother by their own and in the third we live in the 3rd with our young daughter in her twenties. We have two dogs.
- The area is full of wild life and there are many beautiful walks and nature. We love nature and we use to show Biology, Archaeology and History and Geology of Pre-Pyrenees and Pyrenees to friends and tourists.
- Our town is near Barcelona too (1 hour and half). It is very easy to get from Barcelona and we always help ypu to find the proper transport.
- All of our food is made at home in the Mediterranean way, because Rosa, the mother, loves cooking and recuperating old Mediterranean recipes. Many times the food is also with ingredients organically produced.
- We need help all the seasons and we don’t mind how much time you want to stay with us, neither long nor short. But in Summer, we limit the stay to 30 days maximum.
- With our family, you can come by yourself, live independent, but it doesn't mean being alone, only when you want, because we love chatting and having good discussions.
- If you're used to play any instrument, we love to play together and share music. You can bring it or you can use some of ours.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours a day, 5 days a week. At the weekends normal help at home if you stay with us.
Accuracy of profile: