- We need housesitting for the months of JULY and AUGUST (we are flexible on length and dates) -
Hi! We are a family of 3 (Ludovica and Giorgio 32yo + Margherita 2yo) living in Langhe hills, the wine region of Piedmont, north Italy.
Did you heard about Moscato, Asti spumante, Barolo, Barbaresco, Nebbiolo wines... and delicious big hazelnuts, that we traditionally mix with chocolate in a handmade cream and now it is know worldwide as Nutella? We produce them all here in Langhe!
Also Lonely Planet picked Piedmont as the world's top region to visit in 2019!
We bought an old stone house + garden and vineyard in summer 2018, we renovated it and we opened a B&B on summer 2019.
We need some help for garden, manage and clean the house, feed and clean chickens, sometimes help in small diy projects and working in our vineyard.
We love history and traditions, so we have some on-going project about traditional farming:
- we renovated our vineyard mixing vines and fruit trees as farmers did in the past (this method is called "married vineyard" and has several positive effects on plants)
- we have 7 chickens of different local breeds to have our fresh eggs and to keep these traditional breeds alive
- we have a vegetable garden to grow our vegetables and herbs: we have still lot to learn and our teachers are often old ladies
We also run an online start-up to help homeschooling Italian families, giving them teaching support: this start-up is growing fast and we are quinte busy with it at the moment. We hope during summer we will have some more free time.
As we could be very busy somedays, most of the time we need someone independent on working around the garden or any other job. Of course we will be happy to start doing things with you and share the work anytime it is possible, as well as the meals, but it is not always possible. Couples are very welcome too!
Sometimes we need housesitting, if we are not at home.
Our little girl Margherita was born in June 2019, so it could be nice to have some help babysitting, if you like babies and if we are at home. I decided to introduce her to English language since she was born. I'm not mother tongue, so of course she is not bilingual, but she can already understand a bit, and sing some songs. It would be great if you can talk with her in English.
We love to share our blessed corner of the world with people from all over the world and share our culture, traditions and recipes.
We did workaway in England in past years and we loved the experience, so we would like to repeat it as host now!
Who we are?
I am Ludovica, I love traveling and cultural exchange, a degree in Tourism and Languages, two scholarships abroad (Japan and New Zealand), quit my company job and now following my dream: owning a charming rural home and welcome new friends. I also love traditions, cooking and embroidery/sewing and all craft and creative things.
My husband Giorgio is a teacher, historian and freelance journalist: most of the days he works from home, but sometimes he also travel for lectures.
Margherita is a very active and smart little girl.
We have a black cat called Luna: she lives inside during winter, but mainly outside during summer.
We have 6 hens, 1 rooster, they are a bit part of the family.
DIY and building projects
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
We will be happy to show you our region, teach you how to cook great Italian food and teach you Italian language if you are interested in it. We also love history and traditions. And we love to learn about new cultures.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
- We need help in gardening and maintenance of our small vineyard, big garden and small vegetable garden (mainly spring summer time)
- We will need some help in cleaning the house and keep it nice and tidy: general maintenance, cleaning windows, floors and all the stuff that a house needs. Sometimes cook meals, if you like to.
- We will need some help with small diy/creative projects to improve the guest rooms or the garden, painting, fixing and so on...
- We will be happy if we can practice languages: especially English, French, Russian and Japanese.
- If you like babies, you could babysitting Margherita some times, while we work at the computer or going to the supermarket... If you can talk in English with her, it would be great!
- We could need house-sitting some times, if we go away for a few days.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
You will have your own room with bathroom + the use of your kitchen.
We will provide basic food for cooking and we will share many meals, but you will be able to buy your food and cook your own meals sometimes.
No smoking inside the house.
We are not far from a cosy village, but the best way to move around here is by car. There are also nice paths to hike or go by bike.
We can organize our time together, so you can visit around with us when we move by car. But if we do not move, you can relax at home or in the garden.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
5 hours a day, 5 days a week OR work morning + afternoon (with relaxed timing) and then you can enjoy entire free days to explore around by yourself
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: