We haven't hosted in a long time due to family commitments and other factors, but are happy to be offering this opportunity again now.
We are a family of 4 living on a unique coastal property of 22 acres within easy reach of the untouched beaches of the mid-north coast. We are situated 30km north of Coffs Harbour and are bordered by 500acres of land that adjoins National Park.
We require help with all aspects of living here, however our primary goal is to manage our property through conservation, reforestation, and habitat restoration to make it a sanctuary for native wildlife, and this requires continuous work.
Housework is always something that needs doing, so you may be asked to assist with cleaning too.
We are also renovating part of our home as an ongoing project; only small renovations. You may be asked to help with this.
We need people who are capable of light manual labour, and are fit and energetic. It's almost always outdoor work with John, but it's not hard.
We have a STRICT no-smoking policy and we'd prefer not to cater to vegetarians or special diets.
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Help around the house
We often have trips to the beach, the waterfalls etc, but when that isn't possible we may be able to drive you to some beautiful beaches or to the start of some headland walks, or you can just relax at home on one of the many verandahs. There is also a small bus that connects our area to the beach-side village of Woolgoolga for a small fee.
Be sure to check our photo bucket to see what we've been up to with past helpers.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
We are happy to offer this opportunity to one helper at a time.
What we expect you to offer in the exchange:-
- an honest effort during work
- to be very conscious of conserving resources such as water and electricity (this means short showers!! and not leaving lights on)
- help with the kitchen clean-up after meals
- you provide any snacks, fruit, or drinks that you may need beyond what we offer
- respect for our family (please no swearing) and our property (please don`t sit on our furniture in your work clothes)
- help in any way above and beyond is always appreciated.
Preferably you will:-
- be under 25yrs and have good English-speaking skills
- be fit, healthy, and energetic, and capable of light manual work
- be a non-smoker and not require a special diet (no vegetarians please)
- be happy to socialise sometimes, but be comfortable with your own company at other times
We are offering your own bedroom & a shared bathroom, three meals a day; breakfast (cereal & toast), lunch (sandwiches) and dinner (home-cooked), and an invitation to join in our Australian way of life.
BEFORE CONTACTING US please make sure that your profile is up-to-date and has at least one photograph of yourself.
IN YOUR INITIAL APPLICATION EMAIL please:
- use the word "frogs" so that we can be sure you've read and understood our profile,
- tell us what dates you are hoping to come here,
- let us know what skills or experiences you have to offer in the exchange. Any skills are useful and welcome. We value anyone's efforts when they are genuine.
You will find us to be fair and honest hosts, and we are happy to welcome all who are the same.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We have 22 acres of green, level pasture overlooking our billabong for motor homes that have onboard toilets and showers.
4-5hrs per day (max 25 hours/week)