We are a small language school that uses the language learning process to
help students develop their communication skills, as well as expanding their
horizons through debates and several kinds of discussions on different
subjects. We are trying to expand the languages we offer so if you can speak Chinese let us know!
The idea of this language school that sets us apart from others, is the
concept of “Personal Coaching.” Similar to that of life-coaching, the concept
of personal coaching to create student centered, real-life goals. Why do
they want to learn english? For travel? To relocate? For business? For fun?
The goal is also to bring foreign teachers here to give our students the
experience of speaking English with foreigners and learning about other
If you want to experience ‘real life’ in one of the biggest cities in Brazil, this
is your chance. We provide accommodation and some food at the house (You
may purchase any specific foods you may want and keep it in the kitchen as
Help around the house
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Once you get to know the students you also get to make new friends and contacts that willas help you to get to know the city better and enjoy it as well! Our students love spending time with all guests we bring soyou cn get a lot of fun!
You will have to help 4 hours a day (20 hours a week) teaching English and promoting debates about any subjects you want. We grant you transport allowance.You will be given money to cover the transport fees from the house to the school.
ATTENTION: We have some house rules that you will be expected to follow.
Here are just a few:
• It's strictly forbidden to smoke in any part of the house or school
• We expect the volunteers to be clean and organized at the house and the
• Outside visitors are not allowed.
• We expect that volunteers can coexist within a communal environment
and to do their part to keep a friendly house
• Your time blocks for teaching and helping at the house must be your
priority-you are expected to keep these times free
• Please only apply if you think you can live cooperatively and if you
consider yourself to be a clean, organized, and responsible person.
• Single bedroom, with desk, shelves anf clothes hanging space.
High speed internet (suitable if you are also an online teacher)
• We provide some food at the house like , pasta, sauce, rice beans, fruits , vegetables, coffee and tea (You may also purchase any specific foods you may want and keep it in the kitchen as well).
• We have created a communal living environment where people can work together to keep this a clean and friendly household.
If you are a talkative person and enjoy sharing your experiences with others this is the perfect job for you! You will have the chance to share your ideas , experiences, expectations and many other subjects we can think of! Making friends is also a great part of you will find here! If you are considering learning Brazilian Portuguese while you stay here we have great news: thanks to a partnership we can now offer Portuguese lessons for a lower price.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
4h/day; 20 hours/week—these hours include helping with household responsibilities.
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: