Hi guys, I live in a small seaside village on the south coast of England very near to Bognor Regis. The house is a lovely 6 bedroom house that is in good condition. My daughters have both just finished Uni & are regular visitors. One has been staying with me during lockdown while she finishes her MA. I have a lovely lodgers which share the kitchen with us. My dad lives down the road from me and I am looking for help in the house and garden, possibly for both of us.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
I live in a beautiful village in one of the sunniest parts of the United Kingdom. Students will be able to use the stay as a base to explore the popular towns of Chichester, Arundel, Brighton, Portsmouth, Southampton and Winchester.
This part of the country is flat and cycling is very popular here (compared to London) there are a lot of cycle paths. Further a field (about 1/2 hours drive) we have the hilly South Downs also popular with more energetic cyclists and ramblers.
We have lots of theatres and live entertainment in all of our towns. We have tennis courts and a sailing club around the corner from our house.
We have a fantastic sports/leisure centre and very cheap cinema about 20 minutes walk away. The train station is next to the cinema and we have good connections to all the towns in the area. We have a bus stop at the top of our road.
I love having people in the house and love to meet people from all over the world. I am born and brought up in London and I have a home counties accent and am very happy to help students improve their English language and pronunciation.
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Hi guys I would love some help in several different ways, so ,et me know which skills you have (:
4) CLEANING: I'd like an enthusiastic cleaner to change beds, hoover, iron, clean bathrooms and toilets mirrors and glass,
Cleaning out cupboards etc
3 ) BASIC DIYjobs,eg putting up pictures, mirrors, Putting up shelves.
2) DECORATING: I would like some help decorating, painting ceilings, floors and walls.
1) GARDENING: I would like some help cutting back bushes, planting bulbs, painting fences, pressure washing the patio. using the leaf blower, digging out small old bushes, planting new ones etc. Also help at the allotment
5) DIY PROJECTS: I also have a variety of projects that I would like some help with eg, making a compost bin in the shape of a traditional bee-hive.
6). COMPUTER: I would love some help developing my computer skills further, uploading stuff to sell on ebay etc.
9) LANGUAGE: I'd love aworkaway student that is a native French or Spanish speaker that will help me improve my limited knowledge of either of these languages.
8) I would like a student who is competent preparing meals as i would like to share the cooking. I am also happy to eat culturally different meals. I eat fish n meat,happy with vegetarian and thinking would like to try a few raw vegan days.
7 ) Basic plumbing, changing toilet seats, changing sistern on a toilet, changing some sinks.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
I have a lovely detached house 2 minutes from the sea. On the first floor I have 3 bedrooms, mine, my daughters, and one for a workaway student with its own showeroom. The workaway room is a good sized room.
On the ground floor I have a spacious sitting room kitchen and dining room.
I am often flexible with hours so if you would prefer to do some Longer days and then have longer days to explore the area that will work for me. Happy for you to take packed lunches/ dinners with you if you are out at meal times. I am used to having non family members in the house having had au pairs (when the kids were young), lodgers and holidaying students from abroad, and great workaway students.I love meeting people from all over the world and look forward to another work away experience.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week