Hi I live in a small seaside village on the south coast of England very near to Bognor Regis. The house is a lovely 6 bedroomed house that is in good condition. I My daughters have both just finished Uni & are regular visitors. I also have a lovely lodger.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
I live in a beautiful village in one of the sunniest parts of the United Kingdom. Students will be able to use the stay as a base to explore the popular towns of Chichester, Arundel, Brighton, Portsmouth, Southampton and Winchester. This part of the country is flat and cycling is very popular here (compared to London) there are a lot of cycle paths. Further a field (about 1/2 hours drive) we have the hilly South Downs also popular with more energetic cyclists and ramblers. We have lots of theatres and live entertainment in all of our towns. We have tennis courts and a sailing club around the corner from our house.
We have a fantastic sports/leisure centre and very cheap cinema about 20 minutes walk away. The train station is next to the cinema and we have good connections to all the towns in the area. We have a bus stop at the top of our road I have an ( old) bike that I am happy for workaway students to borrow to go exploring in their free time. Students using the bike will need to be familiar with basic cycle maintenance. Students are free to explore the area in the free time.
I love having people in the house and love to meet people from all over the world. I am born and brought up in London and I have a home counties accent and am very happy to help students improve their English language and pronunciation.
Hi guys I would love some help in 5 different ways
1) CLEANING: I'd like an enthusiastic cleaner to change beds, hoover, iron clean bathrooms and toilets mirrors and glass.
2) DECORATING: I would like some help decorating, painting walls and some wooden furniture. Some diy skills would be great eg, hanging pictures, putting up shelves, putting flat pack furniture together.
3) GARDENING: I would like some help cutting back bushes, planting bulbs etc.
4) DIY PROJECTS: I also have a variety of bigger projects that I would like some help with eg, making a console table /radiator cover; removing kitchen cupboards and making good the wall; fitting the same kitchen cupboards in a different room; making a compost bin in the shape of a traditional bee-hive.
5). COMPUTER: I would love some help developing my computer skills further & using more social media sites.
6) LANGUAGE: I'd love aworkaway student that is a native French or Spanish speaker that will help me improve my limited knowledge of either of these languages
I have a lovely detached house 2 minutes from the sea. On the first floor I have 3 bedrooms, mine, my daughters and my lodgers and 2 bathrooms. The workaway room is a good sized room in the second floor with a sea view. You will share one of the first floor bathrooms with my daughters if they are visiting.
On the ground floor I have a spacious sitting room kitchen and dining room.
I am often flexible with work hours so if you would prefer to work some Longer work days and then have longer days to explore the area that will work for me. Happy for you to take packed lunches/ dinners with you if you are out at meal times. I am used to having non family members in the house having had au pairs in the past, lodgers and holidaying students from abroad and love meeting people from all over the world and look forward to my first work away experience.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week