Ciao and Thank you for visiting my Profile! :)
To introduce myself: My name is Teresa and I live in Castellammare di Stabia near Sorrento & Naples (Campania). We live in a very spacious two story home with a big front yard and a big piece of land as our backyard filled with vegetables and fruits. Our family includes 6 friendly dogs, some chickens and a turtle, which live Outside our house, and three sweet cats which live indoors.
I am a surgeon in Naples and my daughter Is currently studying art in naples. We both are friendly, talkative and personable. Francesca is an artist with a strong passion for drawing, and I love cooking, gardening and sharing with others.
We are looking forward to welcoming genuine volunteers who are interested in helping us with our garden, keeping the house tidy, folding laundry and exchange languages with my daughter and I as we become new friends together during this experience.
P.S. - Minimum amount of time to stay 3 days, maximum amount of time to stay 1 month :)
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
This would be a real cultural exchange as we are truly from this city of Castellammare di Stabia. A workawayer would learn about the land (how to cultivate), our languages (Italian & Neapolitan), our culture, our local cuisine and how to cook what we love to eat and be immersed in this very Italian way of living! We really enjoy working together as a family and hope you would like that too!
- Daily housework (sweeping, mopping, dishes)
- Gardening (no experience necessary: picking fruits vegetables, planting, cultivate grounds)
- Painting and simple handy work (winter: collect wood for our chimney)
- Language exchange
- Enjoy all that this culture, city and life has to offer!
Max 4 workawayers :)
- 2 may stay in the house in their own room with 2 single beds & 2 may stay in the Happy camper/RV known as “the little house”
- Castellammare di Stabia is a city rich with life and things to do. The city has beach walk which is truly charming, and filled with shops, restaurants, bars and energy of locals and tourists. (view pictures below from fellow workawayers)
- Near our home: 3 minute walk to Villa Arianna & Villa San Marco, which are known for the impressive excavation of the 79 AC volcano of Vesuvius. (free entrance)
The train station is only a 15 minute walk from our home and it will take you anywhere between Naples and Sorrento (lots to see on this beautiful Amalfi coast)
There is also a cable car that takes visitors to the top of our local mountain for an impressive spectacular view of the Vesuvius, the islands of Ischia, Capri and Procida, as well as the Amalfi coast.
There are many beaches and parks nearby I would recommend to wander to around this wonderful true Neapolitan city.
- We do invite you to breakfast, lunch and dinner (special diets welcomed), but if you are interested in our local supermarket, it is just a 5 minute walk away.
- There are 66,000 inhabitants in this city, but what is great about this home is that the short 15 minute walk to the city center makes our place a great farming experience. We live in a trusting neighborhood with our doors always opened for workawayers ready to join this Neapolitan garden adventure.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: