We are a semi-bilingual family (Spanish-English) of four, based closed to the airport in a residential area of Madrid, who would like to get our girls of 9 and 12 years of age to meet people from different nationalities and cultures while learning and practicing English.
We would like to find a friendly native English female speaker to spend some time with us this summer and help us with some English teaching and language practise with our two girls.
Babysitting and creative play
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
DATES: Can be negotiated; from end of June or beginning of July, departure by end of July aprox.
Age: 18 +
Passport and European Medical Health card
Basic Spanish knowledge, able to communicate
Native English speaker, British, American, Australian, etc.
Interest to improve communication skills in Spanish
Any personal references.
Experience with children (school activities, babysitting, looking after relatives).
Any teaching experience.
Initiative to organise activities and keep up children interest while having fun.
Able to gain cooperation and set rules for kids when running activities .
Likes swimming, bike riding, etc.
Able to cope with hot temperatures and relentless sunny weather!!
Also enjoys some independency and exploring new places/customs.
- Own bedroom, and bathroom shared with kids.
- All food at home and accommodation expenses included.
- Washing machine and iron available for your own laundry
- Comfortable 3 bedroom flat in a very secure residential area, with unrestricted and free swimming pool access.
- Public transport connections to the centre of Madrid (30 min by tube). Tube station about 12 min walk from home.
- 10 minutes driving distance to the airport (Depending on flight time, we would attempt to pick you up from the airport).
Another neighbour is actually considering looking for similar arrangement, so we may well be able to offer this opportunity to two different persons in two different families in the area, so perfectly suitable for a couple of friends who would like to be based pretty closed (5 min walk) to share activities during free time.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
4 to 5 hours/day max