Usually responds within 12 days
We are a middle-aged couple living on a small farm with on prox 4,5a of land.
Most time of the year we have a very chill and easy life .. teaching yoga, taking care of our animals, working in the garden, building new cozy furniture or artwork.. growing veggies in our greenhouse and on the land..
We love our space and mostly can handle the works with just the 2 of us.
This year we could use a hand on our land, refurbishment of some houses (painting, flooring) maintaining the garden, taking care of our animals and horta while we are exploring things.
The volunteer we seek takes over the small general things like walking the dogs.. feeding our farm animals, cooking, helping with the land, etc. (check list below)
There will be no labour in our business or contact with any guests because we close the B&B after the summer season.
Types of help and learning opportunitiesArt ProjectsLanguage practiceHelp with Eco ProjectsGardeningDIY and building projectsAnimal CareFarmstay helpCreating/ Cooking family mealsHelp around the houseGeneral MaintenanceHelp with Computers/ Internet
UN sustainablity goals this host is trying to achieve
Cultural exchange and learning opportunities
- gardening and greenhouse
- participating in yoga classes
- taking care of animals
- building / constructing furniture
- Cultural knowledge of the area
- gardening, weeding, mow lawning, strimming land
- maintaining the veggie-garden, greenhouse, planting vegetables
- remodeling garden, houses
- painting jobs in/outside
- high pressure cleaning
- cooking for us and yourself
- taking care of the animals at the farm, feeding them, keeping there shed clean
- walking the dogs, hugging our cat :-)
- small repairs and renovation if necessary
- helping with building furniture/constructs on site
- participating in guided walking tours
In spring 2023 we are looking for someone to help us with the preparations before summer :
- strimming and clearing our land with a strimmer/mowner
- high pressure cleaning
- painting in/outside walls
- building a seperate WC in our storage area
- garden works, weeding & cutting
==> (prox 25h p/wk = 2 meals a day-snacks & fruit/ seperate bedroom)
==> (prox 18h p/wk = 1 meal a day-snacks & fruit/ seperate bedroom)
- half days = prox 4 or 5h
- full days = prox 8h, then you take a day off when you want
- when we start a job we like to work the whole day but this is not mandatory for you, you choose
- we are morning people and mostly stop working around 16 pm
This host offers a language exchange
I'm studying Portuguese and can teach languages like English , Dutch & French..
1) We have a very big and comfortable attick in our house with couch and cozy bed.
The bathroom & kitchen is shared with us.
2) when there is space free, we have a seperate room on the side of the house with more privacy and private bathroom.
Open fridge for (1)2 meals a day, Fruit & drinks available all day.
Sometimes we do or don't eat together but there is always food available.
You have the whole garden to chill and our private terrace space, swimming pool.
What else ...
Relaxing, walking, beach, cultural events, sightseeing etc.
We have several roadtrips in the area witch passes by all cultural sites in Central Portugal
A little more information
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Can host digital nomads
The whole area is covered with wifi. We can offer a seperate space as an office
Space for parking camper vans
We have space to station your van or caravan here and provide electricity.
How many Workawayers can stay?
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week