Keen to have an off-the-grid experience with limited electricity, no running water, no wifi or any kind of technology? Than this is the place !
Our home is situated on the tranquil southside of the island of Hvar with a long dirt road as only access. A nightmare for some, a blessing for others as it offers you a small, hidden paradise away from the hustle and the bustle of sizzling Hvar !
The beaches are just a stone's throw away so prepare to have a wonderful experience right at the sea in a beautiful, natural environment.
There's also a small eco resort nearby with a beach bar if you want to socialize and enjoy a sundowner with fellow travelers !
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
You will experience this island from a total different perspective ! Genuine local experiences meeting locals in small, authentic villages, enjoy winetastings at one of the many vineyards, discover other homemade products such as rakija, prosek, lavender oil, jams and so much more. The island is also home to many cultural heritages such as the Starigrad UNESCO plains or the fortified city of Hvar, the oldest Croatian town of Starigrad, etc.
Just join us here and soak up the real Dalmatian lifestyle !
APRIL - OCTOBER 2021
We're looking for volunteers:
1) who can help us clean and organize our home (Living room, kitchen, bathroom, bedrooms etc.) Someone who loves to cook (meat, fish, veggies, etc.) and is keen to help us with family breakfast, lunch and dinner. You will also be in charge of the groceries, organize a weekly menu, keep track of the supplies, dish washing, etc. There will be
2 other volunteers too
2) who can help us with small DIY around the house
3) who can help us make a nice, short video movie about the area. If you have your own camera and editing software, that's a plus but I have cameras and editing software as well :)
- Minimum 25 yrs old volunteer please
- Positive attitude
- Social & teamplayer
In return for you help (5h / day, 5 days / week), we will offer you free accommodation in a private bedroom with seaview in our beachfront holiday home, free meals, free water/coffee/tea, free use of our kayaks, bikes, snorkeling, paddles & free transport on the island.
You will be offered a basic private room with a single or double bed consisting of a comfortable Tempur mattress, a white mosquito net around your bed, storage space & a locker for your personal belongings and a small seaview balcony. Nobody will have to share a room unless couples or friends of course.
The kitchen and the bathroom are common spaces in the house. There's no running water so everything works with pumps or manually.
You can relax on the terrace in one of our lounges or our hammocks
We don't have WIFI ! But we ask you to have a working internet plan on site to be able to communicate online with us
There's limited electricity !
On your days off, you have a lot of possibilities:
- Just relax and enjoy the beach
- Take a kayak or paddle board and explore the many coves and beaches or go for lunch or a winetasting in the nearby beach town of Zavala
- Put on you hiking shoes and hike to the Stone Age village of "Humac" on the top of the island
- Hop on a bike and explore the coastal road to Ivan Dolac & Sveta Nedelja where you can also go cliff climbing.
- Join us to the northside of the island and explore the cosy little tozns of Jelsa, Starigrad or Hvar. Or go more local and discover the many small inland villages such as Dol, Vrbanj, Vrisnik, Pitve, Svirce, Brusje and walk through the lavender fields or vineyards.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
The southside of Hvar is only accesible by a small, narrow tunnel. Vehicles can only pass when they have a maximum height of 2m40 !! You could access the southside by driving over the mountain or via Sveta Nedelja but in both cases you need to drive on a tricky dirt road!
Keep in mind that we have 4 cats on the property !
More than two
5 hours per day 5 days per week