Favourited 269 times
Hi! We are Abel, Haizea, Roser, Enric and other animals (Caqui, Lua -dogs- and Bitel -cat- and chickens....) Living on the mountains of Alicante, near the Sella village. We live in a house, caravan and yurt, and we love to host people and share our daily lifes with people from all over the world!
Note that we are living here, but not working here, so many times we are not at home, or we are here but working in our projects. This means that we look for people able to be OK with itself. Of course we love to share with hosts as much as possible! :)
We are always happy to host people and enjoy new experiences!!
We speak some english, french and portuguese, and we love to learn more and more. We are happy learning languages and teaching spanish and Catalan.
Our land is approximately 3 km away from Sella (the nearest village).
At home there is a spring of drinking water and a small river where we swim. It is a mountainous region with very much pine grove.
In a few kilometers we find a big area to practise climbing. Also there are trekking routes.
In the village (Sella) we find basic services as shop, bars, mail, Internet, doctor.
It is forbidden to light neither any type of fire, camping gas, candels or other instruments of combustion out of the common area.
At the moment we need help in:
- Construction of a new DRY TOILET
- take care of the vegetable garden.
- Daily tasks: Watering plants, walk with dogs, clean the space, cooking...
BTW, we want to share our space and time with people with ideas and motivation, so come, feel the space, and think if you are interested in doing something. Maybe just remove weeds on the garden, maybe build a big stairs with gold stones, or just take a walk with the dogs, cook or come with us to do dumpsterdiving at the markets....
Everything is possible if everyone feels comfortable.
We will provide vegetarian food and a place to sleep, we have the common house ( comfortable bed in common space with all needed), the caravan (private room for 2 people max with a bed and all needed) and also you can put your tent if you prefer to sleep more in nature. Please ask us before about the availability of these options (depends on the volunteers hosted at each moment).
If you come with camping car/van we can find a place to park it near our house.
We try to learn every day how to deconstruct the pathriarcal society, starting with us, so please not contact us if not interested :).
Internet is limited, but in Sella there are some Bars with WIFI.
If you come with animals ask us before, please! ;). We need to talk with our animals first and see what they want ;).
We prefer vegetarian diet.
We hope to see you soon! Welcome home!
We ask for people coming be able to work with more people but also be autonom if, for example, if we are not at home for a couple of days.:).
Write us if you have any question! HUGS!!
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
We love travel and meet people when travelling. So we love to host people when they are travelling :D!!
Help us with daily activities like cooking, walk with the dogs, visit chickenhouse, water garden, search for food....
And if you come and have an idea to develop a project here, great!!
also some ideas:
- Installation of community table to eat
- Installation of outside kitchen.
- To whitewash the small house
- Clean terraces gardens to grow vegetables.
- Installation of metallic stockades.
- Maintenance and construction of channels for the irrigation water.
- help in the garden of vegetables
- Canes compilation for different uses. Methods of compilation, cleanliness, selection, construction with cane.
- Constructions with cane.
- Constructions with mud.
- Dry W.C.
- Outside shower.
- Oven of mud.
- Maintenance and construction of accesses and stairs with natural methods (wood, ground, stones...)
- Maintenance of ceramic gardens and explanation of how it works.
- Instalación de mesa comunitaria para comer
- Instalación de cocina exterior.
- Encalar la casita
- Limpieza de terrazas de cultivo.
- Instalación de vallados metálicos.
- Mantenimiento y construcción de canales para el agua de riego.
- Ayuda en la huerta de producción de hortalizas
- Recolección de cañas para diferentes usos. Métodos de recolección, limpieza, selección, construcción con caña.
- Construcciónes y acabados con caña.
- Construcciones y acabados con barro.
- Acabados del W.C. seco.
- Acabados de la ducha exterior.
- Acabados de horno de barro.
- Instalación de gallinero.
- Mantenimiento y construcción de accesos y escaleras con métodos naturales (madera, tierra, piedras...)
- Mantenimiento de huertas cerámicas y explicación del funcionamiento de las mismas.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
We have the common house ( comfortable bed in common space with all needed), the caravan (private room for 2 people max with a bed and all needed) and also you can put your tent if you prefer to sleep more in nature.
If you come with camping car/van and you prefer to sleep there we can find a place to park it near thehouse.
There are a lot of places to walk (is the region with more mountains in spain) or go in bycicle. Also is a good place to climb with a famous climbing zone in europe.
Distances by car:
Alicante (capital of region) 45 min.
Beach (La Vila Joiosa) 10/20min.
You can arrive by train to Villajoyosa from Alicante.
Basic services in Orxeta and Sella: Post office (1 hour each day), health consultory, grocer's shop, bar, bakery.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We have mobile connection, 4g from movistar. You must have your own sim card to be independent.
There is a place 100 m away from home, under almond trees where you can park your van. Also there is another place near to the house, a public parking. no electricity or water available directly to the vehicle, but in the house.
We live with 2 dogs, 1 cat and some chickens. If you travel with your pet, ask us! Chickens needs to be without stress, so if your dog likes chickens... Our dogs and cats are ok with new animals (almost always :))
More than two
4 hours day/5 days week