Favourited 840 times
We 're 2 persons who met in summer 2018 and decided to work together so as to develop ecological lifestyle at a land, in order to set the base for an eco/ art community. we re artists and nature lovers and have decided to put these two facts as guides in our path.
as regards the eco project.
we are interested in research and practice 3 paths. our respect and love of nature, which leads us in the other 2, natural farming and natural building, as a way of life.
we have a big piece of land (more than 6 hectares), located in the foot of mount kaimaktsalan, 3rd tallest mountain in greece. in the land there are about 1000 walnut trees, plus many other nut and fruit trees , most of them wild local varieties. all these surrounded by a wild forest area. all trees are following the principles of natural farming, the most mild way of farming possible, according to which we try to limit human interference in nature, while establishing a balanced eco system.
in our land there is a little stream passing by. we ve created from it two lakes, one of them perfect for a cold swim.
our focus, apart from following a natural lifestyle is to always search for freedom as base in our community, so as everyone feels open and evolves, including people, animals and plants.
on the artistic side of life.
we want to establish a space for art communication and exchange. we re interested (once done with building the basic housing), to organize workshops, communal creation days, invite individual artists who are inspired from living in our land and work on their projects.
First goal on this direction was to host the 1st art festival in summer '19. Through it we exchanged our passions on music, performances, tale narration, improvisation, workshops, aiming in creating a network of artists and looking for common directions between different art forms.
In august 2019 we also hosted our first workshop on physical theater. We hope this to be the starting point of a series of summer seminars in different art forms.
there is also a long term vision. to turn the whole place into a piece of art, where everything that exists or takes place on it will be part of it. therefore even though we re still in the beginning everything that we ll build together will follow an artistic aesthetic.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
you ll be learning a lot of of mixed skills that have to do with a full length eco project.
our goal is to move towards sustainability and organize our lifestyles in the most ecological way possible. we try to practice
- natural farming techniques
- natural building
- permaculture design in farming and construction
- food drying, processing, canning
- landscape art, sculpting , painting and more..
- we already have a crocodile clay sculpture by our lake. in order to finalise it needs a final protection layer and wax.
- for this summer, fall the main focus will be building the cob house, the biggest and most challenging project until now. the idea is to construct a whole house with natural materials mostly gathered from the area around, with almost no budget. this project will last long time. it will proceed in different steps. the first one is to close 2 rooms, living room, kitchen, so that it becomes livable.
at the moment the masonry foundation is going on.
-a duck house from cob is on progress and awaits to be completed. Also preparing the duck space around, built a fence and a little water space. Once done with it, next stepy for acomodating happy ducks is preparation of a small pond for them.
- we re looking for painters to decorate the space around with murals.
- we are looking for people with carpentry experience. There are always needs on the field. At the moment if possible create some doors, window frames, for the cob house.
all year tasks:
-when we have many volunteers cooking will be another job one of them can take care.
-herb picking/ drying
-marmalade/ liqueur cooking.
-we also take care of the first natural farm that was created in greece, so depending the season there are different maintenance taks there as well. The farm has been abandoned and its not really productive for the moment. A few stuff that grows we consume them.
at the moment we can provide a huge camping area under a walnut tree forest. we have 2 tents with mattresses and a hummock for volunteers, but since from times to times more people are joining, it is preferable if you could bring your own camping gear.
when climate is getting chilly, or if you dont prefer tents, there is a communal room with mattresses at the floor, which you can also use for sleeping.
we can offer 2 meals per day, usually vegan and sometimes vegetarian options. We re cooking a communal dinner usually late in the evening. also we provide the basic ingredients for volunteers if they need extra meal to cook by themselves, plus fruits, and walnuts.
the area around our land is typical north greece forest mountain scape.
very close by there are hot springs (pozar), coming out from the mountain, next to a cold river, in a magical natural landscape.
you ll find a few little villages around, with local residents, totally free from tourist industry pollution.
in summertime local celebrations take place in the villages nearby with a kind of local balkan music. but the big balkan music events take place during carnival time (end of february), plus the best balkan carnival of north greece at beginning of January.
There is no public transport to our land so we can pick you up from edessa or aridea towns, or you can hh to the village.
- if you ask for more than 1,5 month in advance we can just reply a maybe. we have flexible schedule, so cant book places long in advance. plus we receive spontaneous requests, that finally people cancel without letting us know, so its hard to plan for future capacity.
- pls if we give you a positive reply and you change plans, let us know!
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: