PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Helping with sleddogs and horses is physically and mentally hard.
You need to be a strong, healthy, fast and smart person.
If you are not, you should not write us an email! Thanks!
We are a small Sleddog-Farm in the Bavarian Forrest. We (Kilyan and Andrea) live here with our 14 Alaskan Malamute , 2 Canadian Eskimo dogs and our 4 American Paint Horses on our private property.
WE ARE FULL TILL END OF APRIL, but we will be happy for your apply for Spring/Summer/autumn.
Our farm is in the beautiful bavarian forrest. Nature is all around our property.
We are most time outside and can show you the beauty of the landscape.
The city Passau is about 45 km away. The bus stops some times a day about 500 meters away from our house.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
It is possible to join us in all our work everyday and support . You can learn a lot interesting facts about the work , care and handling of the sled dogs . Depending on the interests and abilities of our salvation is included in the training of dogs.
The dogs will teach you a lot about yourself and offer you the opportunity to reflect on yourself.
The same applies to the work with the horses . You'll get lots of information about the keeping, care and training of horses . In addition , it is possible to accompany the therapeutic riding lessons and observe. Those who wish can make their own experiences in this area and it won many insightful information for their own life .
We want you to have a genuine interest/passion for animals especially dogs and horses and outdoor life.
You should be able to help independently/by yourself since we only have place for one “work-away” at a time. To help with animals is a physical and dirty tasks and so you should not be afraid of hard work or to become dirty. You also need to take responsibility and be reliable.
We have to train and work with our animals all year around and during off-season we try to serve all equipment, buildings, kennel etc. We always have projects going on.
You will help 4-5 hours/day, but we also want to encourage you to experience the bavarian forrest for yourself.
As we live together with animals, we have a 7 days week. That means that your free days could already be during the week and you work on weekends.
You will help us mostly taking care of the animals, cleaning, preparing the food ect. If you like, you are invited to take place in our dog training, learning about that or getting a riding lesson.
Gardening is also a part of your work during summer, snowshaffeling is part of the work in the winter.
We would be happy if you like cooking and prepare sometimes food for us!
German and english
We have a single room with shared kitchen and bath for you! You have to hold the bathroom and your room clean!
Meals are shared with us if you want!
IF YOU DON´T EAT NORMAL FOOD (you are vegan, vegetarian or have some allergies) PLEASE TELL IT IN YOUR FIRST EMAIL TO US! THANKS
Please read this before contacting us:
- You should stay 4 weeks minimum.
- Sorry but you can not bring your own dog with you
- We only have place for 1 volunteer at a time.
- You must love dogs and horses!
- You need to be healthy and physically strong.
- You should not be angry about cleaning horse and dog shit! ;-)
- NO smoking and NO drugs
- Minimum age 20 years
- You must be able to entertain yourself in your spare time.
- You will be part of our family when you are here, we will show you the city of Passau and some other great places if you like!
- READ our profile carefully before contacting us!
Please answer following questions in your email for us:
1. Do you have working experience? What type and have you ever worked in the nature/outside?
2. Did you made any other workaway experiences before? Please describe it?
3. How fit are you? Are you able and willing to work physically hard?
4. Why do you think about to take place in our workaway place?
5. Anything what would help us to know you better and to make us beliving you are the right person for us?
Thanks a lot! :-)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: