In essence, our yoga and meditation retreat center teaches a holistic way of life and provides our guests with an intense setting for reflection, transformational change, spiritual practice, healing and growth.
In exchange you will get:
- 3 vegan meals per day
- Unlimited water, tea and bananas throughout the day
- Participation in at least two classes per day
- A free center t-shirt and water bottle
- The chance to grow, learn and be part of international spiritual community
- Enjoy the beach in your free time
- Explore the nature around Kep and the nearby islands
- create connections with local community and experience Cambodian culture
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
This is an opportunity to meet people from all over the world, from different backgrounds and lifestyles, as well as to connect with Khmer people and learn about Cambodian culture. It will also provide Workawayers with a chance to learn about different spiritual practices (including karma yoga) and be able to use this new knowledge as you continue along your journey.
Karma yoga is a path of liberation that was described in ancient yogic tradition and is still alive today. It is a way of connecting spirituality and daily life. Any activity that we do can become a spiritual practice if our motivation comes from a pure desire to do the action rather than the outcome of the action. When doing karma yoga, we do all actions with full mindfulness to make it a meditative experience. Instead of thinking about it as a chore, we see the task as a spiritual practice that helps us to be centered, selfless and in harmony with ourselves and the world around us.
This is a transformative opportunity that is for those who are committed to their spiritual journey and are searching for a way to go deeper through selfless service and mindful action. We are looking for karma yogis to join our team for a 2-month or 3-month commitment depending on the position. These positions require working 5 hours per day for 5 days a week while still attending the retreat program. Karma yogis are expected to come with a mindset of service, a dedication to the values of the center, and the ability to truly immerse oneself into the experience.
• Operations- This position requires a 2-month commitment.
This position will involve general maintenance, helping with the over whole cleaning of the center and landscape the garden together with our Khmer staff. This is a role for people who are responsible, energetic, caring and have good communication skills.
• Photographer/Videographer- This position requires a 2-month commitment.
We are looking for a photography lover, who can capture the essence and amazing moments that happen around center. We would be using these photos and short videos for social media and marketing purposes.
• Front Office/Reservations- This position requires a 4-month commitment.
The primary focus of this role is to assist guests with the planning and booking of their stay, mainly online but also via phone and in person. The reservation assistant must have good customer service skills and be an excellent English communicator, enjoy assisting others and able to sit in front of the computer for long periods.
• Administrative Assistant – This position requires a 2-month commitment (starting October 15, 2019).
The administrative assistant must be a native English speaker and have very strong writing and computer skills.
Please note that due to the nature of our retreat center, we require a 2-month commitment that matches up to our seasonal schedule in order to provide the best experience for guests and staff.
Possible position dates:
- November 13 - January 11
- January 8 - March 8
- March 5 - May 5
Applicants should only contact us if they are able during these timeframes. We invest deeply in our Workawayers and we expect the same devotion and commitment in return. These positions are not for those who are looking for a way to pass time while traveling. Our Workawayers are an essential part of our team and will hold an important function in the community. In return, we will provide support and guidance to ensure that our Workawayers grow and learn during their time at the retreat center.
- Interest and passion for the values of the center and spiritual practice
- Strong communication skills
- Positive physical and mental health
- Ability to balance work schedule and class attendance
- Commitment to following retreat guidelines completely (including no alcohol consumption)
- Ability to self-manage and self-motivate
- Flexibility to make 2-month commitment
- Previous experience. This is not a requirement, however, it is helpful if karma yogis have experience and skills that will lend themselves to their roles.
Some local attractions:
Kep National Park: An escape into nature offering well-marked hiking trails, an array of wild animals, and lovely views. Find Sunset Rock for the perfect sunset picture.
Sothy’s Pepper Farm: A unique eco-tourist experience that gives insights into the inner-workings of local farming mixed with interesting historical facts about the French occupation.
Kep Butterfly Farm: A short walk off of the trails in the national park, this detour provides a mesmerizing look into an array of species of butterflies at all stages of the life cycle.
Koh Tonsay: A 20 minute boat ride from Kep will bring you to this island, also known as Rabbit Island, for a quiet, relaxed day at the beach.
Kep Beach: A white sand beach perfect for lounging the day away with locals.
Bokor National Park: Located in nearby Kampot, this park offers stunning waterfalls, walking trails, and awe-inspiring buildings still standing from the French colonial years.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
5 hours a day 5 days a week