Favourited 39 times
Update, 12th January 2020: As another Workawayer cancelled his visit at short notice, I would be happy to welcome someone else in the next days. It was planned to start with kitchen renovation and I need someone to help carrying furniture to the other room and removing tiles and wallpapers from the wall and maybe also tiling new or at least help my father doing that.
!!! If you send me a request, please include hints which show that you have gone through my profile. Please write me a personal message, address me by my name (if you find it:-)) and write which kind of work you are good or interested in.
At the moment I need craftspeople with mechanical skills who can help renovating the house most. Thank you!
I am a 33 years old freelance journalist and single mother of a four years old daughter, studied philosopher with moving life story trying to live an ecologically life, interested in politics as well as psychology and spirituality (yoga), the world and idealistic change-the-world-to-a-better-place-ideas, openminded, warmharted, trying to be a good host, experienced with couchsurfing as host and guest.
Having moved house more than 25 times in the last 15 years I finally found my place to live and grow in the heart of Nürnberg: flat on the top of an old building from 1910 plus attic in which one day I want to build my dream flat using only ecological material.
Close-by I have a small garden, which needs a lot of care in spring and summer.
I live near city center, but forest and nature are also not far. It is very quiet and peaceful in the garden.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Reflect about ecological living,
understand how growing vegetables works,
being creative with reusing waste or stuff found on the streets,
learn how to make new candles out of used wax,
learn how to make unique copies of paper books (diaries, notebooks),
learn how to make your own deo and lip balm,
conserve vegetables and tomato sauce,
listen to storys from my life,
experience hospitality from a open-minded, warm-hearted lady
... or just do some meaningful work and be a great help to a single-mother five days a week five to six hours a day and get a free place to stay and organic food in exchange.
I want to renovate my flat in an ecological way. Possible tasks:
- kitchen renovation (asap in January/February 2020): remove old tiles from wall, tile new, put new floor
- paint bathroom
- hang lamps and other stuff (not that easy because of old walls)
- remove blue varnish from door frames
- remove wallpapers, flatten, plaster and paint walls with clay colors
To my flat belongs a huge attic which should become a flat one day (with help of volunteers or monetary luck). At the moment only some plants, fleamarket stuff and fresh washed clothes live there. I am thinking about building a guest room out of wood and old windows. I think this would also be a nice task, because you could sleep there afterwards and enjoy the view out of the huge window. Also in the attic there are walls to be plastered and painted new.
ONLY IN SPRING & SUMMER:
I need a lot of help in my ecological garden, caring for plants and building things out of wood.
Good quality wood and access to professional carpenter's maschines can be provided for professionals.
- root out more weeds, cut bushes and trees, seed and water vegetables and flowers
- build a new wooden house for the eco toilet (The old one will not survive 2020 I guess)
- shovel compost from one place to another and build compost boxes out of wood
- build a dream-come-true play house for my daughter out of wood
- build new fences and flower beds
- build new pathes through the garden using stones for mosaic
In summer you can swim in the close-by Wöhrder See, chill in the hammock or visit the best bakery in town which is close-by.
German, English, un peu Francais, un poco Italiano, थोड़ा सा हिन्दी, अलिकति नेपाली
Different possibilites for you to sleep:
1) huge comfortable couch or mattress in my living-working-playing-room (private only at night, only for some nights)
2) my bed and I sleep in children's room (maybe and only for some nights)
3) bed in the huge attic (a wooden-textile room-construction or tent could be build by you, private)
4) mattress/sleeping couch in the garden house, hammock/tent in the garden (private)
Ideas for free time: visit medieval city center of Nürnberg and historical places, i.e. the former "Nazis", former Reichs Party Area (Reichsparteitagsgelände) is close-by, swim in nearby Wöhrder See or swimming pools, go around with bicycle or public transport, visit flea markets, museums, travel to Fränkische Schweiz or countryside
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours a day, 5 days a week