I have completed my masters in marketing and resigned a job to live freely. I'm from Mumbai and this is our Farmhouse which is 75kms away from Mumbai city. It is a very pleasant place in nature with lots of mango trees and a beautiful river that flows by our place (totally safe and refreshing to go in for a swim every day). We usually need help with the general maintainance of the property. My parents live here too. It is a peaceful place to live & work at.
DIY and building projects
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
1. Volunteers can enjoy tasty Indian home cooked food everyday and can also participate in cooking, learning how to cook our Malwani food.
2. From this platform I'm basically looking out to meet new people from different cultural backgrounds and get to learn more about their ways of life so it's not about coming and working here but more about living here as a friend and creating memories together.
3.Been born and brought up in Mumbai, I can definitely tell you about the best street food you'll want to eat in Mumbai and some cool places to hangout. I can also come along with you if I'm free.
4. I'm also a magician, so I can show you some of the tricks and maybe teach you some if you really believe in magic!
We need help in the following areas :
1. Gardening - This would be the main work here at the farmhouse, watering plants, cutting / shaping them, etc.
2. General Maintainance - Sweeping off the fallen mango leaves once in 2 or 3 days, Cleaning the Swimming pool once a week, etc.
3. Painting - Volunteers can feel free to bring out their own creativity & unique ideas to paint and make this place look beautiful and pretty.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
Please contact them directly for more information.
We have independent cottages for volunteers to stay and sleep. They can have their private space while living at our Farmhouse. Food will be cooked for the volunteers as well. In case of special dietary requirements, we can discuss and work that out.
Our place is 2.5 kms from the railway station and very well connected. We have wifi here, it's a quiet place with lots of nature around and no disturbance. During your free time, you can explore the rural areas, if I'm free I'll drive you around as well as I love to host people. You can go to the Mumbai city, it takes 1.5 hours by train to go to Mumbai city so you can go for a day's hangout too.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We have a farmhouse. Ample space to park!
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week