Usually responds within 2 days
We are Emmanuelle and Mickael, a French couple, with 3 children (a 12 y.o. daughter, 10 and 6 y.o. sons) and a dog (3 y.o.).
We live in a house in the country, 15 km away from the town called Annecy (famous for its old town, lake, and surrounding mountains).
We are both working part time and we are doing home schooling with our 3 kids so we spend a lot of time together at home or outside, meeting other families or having fun in the nature.
We eat organic food and a not much meat. We are very much concerned about ecology and we try to reduce our impact.
We love nature and we are practicing various outdoors activities that we would be happy to share with our hosts: canoeing, hiking, bicycle touring, flying-trapeze (we have a flying trapeze rig at home and you could experience it with us : ), skiing.
There is no public transport from our village to the nearby cities but we can lend you a bicycle or drive you some days to Rumilly – 10km or Annecy – 15km while we go working or driving our kids to their weekly activities (basket-ball, dance, theatre, mountain bike, music).
Types of help and learning opportunitiesLanguage practiceCreating/ Cooking family meals
Cultural exchange and learning opportunities
Cultural exchange via the experience of:
- living in a french family and share activities at home or in the nature with that french family
- living with a homeschooling family
- speak french (if you want)
- spend some time living in the country (in a quite peacefull place)
Projects involving children
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
- Speak english with our children : we expect from the workawayer to speak english fluently. Our children understand english but they only speak french. The parents can speak french or english with the workawayers (as he/she prefers).
- Have some help for some daily tasks, especially to help preparing lunch and diner.
- Have some time playing with our 6-10-12 y.o. children.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
You can contact them directly for more information.
One private bedroom 13m² with a large bed, a desk and a coach
The rest of the house is shared with the family
What else ...
There is no public transport from our village to the nearby cities but we can lend you an electrical bicycle or drive you some days to Rumilly – 10km or Annecy – 15km while we go working or driving our kids to their weekly activities (basket-ball, dance, theatre, mountain bike, music).
A little more information
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
How many Workawayers can stay?
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week