*️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️ LOOKING FOR 18th AUGUST FOR 4 WEEKS *️️️️️*️️️️️*️️️️️
*. *. *. LADIES ONLY, age 25 + *. *. *
We have a small campsite with 6 tent pitches, 2x wooden camping PODS, and 2x Yurts, + 1 holiday cottage.
We also do some festival weddings onsite in the season with tipis or marquees.
We are looking for one female volunteer (sorry no couples) for 4 weeks.
We have 3 friendly easy going, polite children aged 7, 10 & 13 and live onsite in our farm house with our friendly dog & two chickens. We are located in the Shropshire Hills in a very rural unspoilt area of Central England in an area of Protected Natural Beauty.
My wife Melanie enjoys Yoga, alternative therapies, learning languages, experimenting with cooking new dishes, exchanging recipes, culture and history, restoring old furniture etc..
My name is Daniel and I am passionate music, I also love nature, gardening, and enjoy learning Martial Arts as well as cultural exchanges, business & marketing, movie making and photography.
We love to travel & meet interesting people from all backgrounds and enjoy great conversations, we both love to learn about cultural differences and languages, discovering new places and tasting various foreign foods. Our very busy life here at the farmhouse does not give us much time to travel.
English is spoken in our house, and I speak some French.
Babysitting and creative play
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
- You will be speaking English to our guests everyday, ideal for varied conversations with people from all backgrounds.
- If you have not been in England, enjoy learning about our culture and ways,
- We would love to show you around the local area, and take you out on family trips,
- Visit the local area during your stay, there are hundreds of walks in the countryside and hills in the area, several medieval villages and towns nearby. (ideal if you love trekking)
- Exchange your food and recipe ideas with Melanie, we would love to try your food too !
- Teach us some of your language and culture,
- We are also very keen on helping you with your English if you need to.
- If you practice Yoga or alternative therapies we would love to learn from you too.
This host offers accommodation and payment.
Host has indicated that they will pay at least the minimum hourly wage of their country for each hour worked and that accommodation will also be provided. They are asking for help with a business or business activity. Contact the host directly via the site messenger for more information and details about the wage provided. Any arrangements should be agreed in advance with your host.
We are looking for one volunteer, the ideal person will be a 25~35yr old female, very friendly, easy going, a sociable person who loves life and enjoys meeting new people and having good conversations.
This position will involve you speaking English to our guests everyday, and meeting new people daily.
Jobs will vary daily, some days needing only one hour or less work, busy days needing 5-6 hours.
The hours are rarely continuous and are broken up during the day. You will have plenty of free time.
The jobs fit around the campsite needs, with guest arriving, leaving etc.. Some days are very busy, some days may have no campers, at times we will prepare for weddings. No two days are exactly the same.
You will need to be be flexible with your hours and speak to our guests to make sure they have a great experience on our campsite. There is no night time work, however your first small job will be a 8am each day.
Jobs you will be doing:
When it is a busy day you will be doing a varying number of small jobs to include :
- Checking shower block & quick sweep every day at 8am.
- Check-out of our glamping guests at 10am or midday,
- On change over days, our pods or Yurts will need cleaning for the next guests,
- Clean the small Shower Block and campsite toilets (2 showers, 2 toilets)
- Every 4-5 days the holiday cottage will need to be cleaned, and beds making, and ironing sheets if there is a change over.
- Meet and greet our new guests arriving & Help with local information, and customer service.
Other easy tasks from time to time may include:
- Helping me prune trees, and light gardening maintenance,
- Helping with weddings decorations, signage, directing cars, lighting a fire etc..
- Other small cleaning duties such as windows, painting tables chairs, signs etc.. occasionally
- Making sure gates are opened or closed etc..
- Help with house work such as Cleaning dishes after dinner, help making or preparing meals, house cleaning etc..
(If you like to cook we would love to learn new recipes from you)
Days off: Two consecutive days off, where you can chill out, or explore the area, or come with us on family trips.
- Friendly, easy going personality full of live.
- Cleaning experience to clean our cottages, yurts and pods to a high standard)
- Some wall or furniture painting experience.
- Good with Children. (talk to them , and play with them)
- Cooking and Ironing. (ironing bed linen and exchanging recipes)
- Any customer facing skills and a friendly personality will be very useful
- A good level of basic spoken English is required.
- A self starting person, you can use own initiative.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
Please contact them directly for more information.
Depending on the availability you will be either in our comfortable holiday cottage if we have no cottage guests, or you will be in a Private En-suite Guest Room or a Yurt or Camping Pod when they are available. (all have beds, and electricity)
If everything is full you will stay in a comfortable 5 meter large Bell tent with a blow up mattress by the river for a couple of nights.
We will provide you with BBQs, firewood, portable gas stove etc.. you can also use our outdoor Pizza oven for slow cooking, pizzas, bread etc..if you want to do your own cooking
We will buy all the food you need for you to make your own breakfast and lunch, you are welcome to join us with our evening meals, or help Melanie with a new dish.
You will be made to feel at home and have all facilities you need.
We are in an unspoilt rural part of England.
Nearest Train station is Church Stretton 4 miles away,
Nearest Airport Birmingham
We will pick you up and take you back to the train station or Airport.
If you need a ride in the car, we are happy to drop you off anywhere local when needed.
You are welcome to join Melanie or Myself on any trips we do locally when possible.
We look forward to showing you all the local area has to offer.
We also offer a £50 wage allowance for each of the 20 hours week worked, paid weekly.
This amount paid is offset against the food we will buy for you, and accommodation provided
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host has indicated that they love having digital nomads stay.
Max 5 hours a day Average, 5 days a week