We are two farmers doing sustainable farming in a 1 acre land. We grow various vegetables and fruits in the farm. Beside farming, we organise farm activities and work on foods processing as a side income. We are also organising a farmers market to promote an optional choice for a sustainable life. This market gathers organic/natural farmer, handmaker, homecooker in every 1st Sunday of the month and all products sell in the market must be minimum environment and healthy including fresh product, handmade products, F&B, 2nd hand item, plants etc,
My farm is located in urban area, where is easy accessible by the public, so it is a great place to do education on sustainable farming.
Help with Eco Projects
Volunteer expected to do farming chores, farm facilities setup, helping on foods processing and activities organising. Farming chores included of weeding, fertilizing, transplanting etc; farm facilities setup will be pond digging, farmhouse building, signboard designing etc; and activities organising will be the coordination of life market and any others activities on time. We use the farm produce to process into vinegar, tea etc.
Few important things to note:
1. Accommodation is a condominium nearby. It is walkable distance to the farm, bus station, convenient shop etc.
2. Task need to be done is almost everything in the farm, from weeding, transplanting, fertilizing, promoting, marketing, art work etc. We are small scale urban farm, everything we do it by our own. You dont need to be expert in farming, as long as can flow with the situation is good enough.
3. 5 hours a day. Min stay 10 days. You can have two day off in between.
4. Helping time normally 8am-1pm or 9am-12pm and 4-6pm. However recently is raining season, so the working time sometime have to adjust according to it.
5. Lunch we take turn to cook. Breakfast and dinner need to prepare by own. There is a kitchen quite well equip.
6. Accommodation and basic utilities is covered. However using of luxury utilities likes air conditioner and washing machine will be charged at the rate
a. Air-conditioner RM2/hour
b. Washing Machine RM8/time
c. Wifi RM4/hour
Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent
Chinese (Cantonese): Fluent
condominium nearby. It is walkable distance to the farm, bus station, convenient shop etc.
Penang island is a very unique place with a totally different view of urban and rural. My farm is set on the middle of urban and rural. Capital of Penang, Georgetown, is a famous world heritage site; while Balik Pulau is a greenish part in the island, famous for its paddy field view, village view, Durian (a of teh famous tropical fruits), Laksa (an unique food that cook from fresh fish and various spices) etc. My farm is just set on the middle adn it take around 20min to go to either place.
While in my farm, volunteer can get to know to the organic farming, sharing on both experience, and also they can get know with the tropical farm ecology.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
minimum stay of 10 days, 5 hours per day, 2 days off in between
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: