I am a 28-year-old paraplegic grain farmer located in Western Canada. Since my spinal cord injury in 2015, I have started farming grain and selling seed while embracing my wheelchair mobility!
- My farm is located near a small town in the Southern Manitoba region of Canada. I farm 2,000 acres of wheat, canola, barley, and soybeans.
- I also operate a crop inputs business (seed sales). Along with planting my own crops, we are busy delivering seed to neighbouring farmers in the Spring.
I have a YouTube channel where I document life as a young Canadian farmer, check it out! This will give you a look into who I am and the fun we have on the farm! ask me for the link !
Come experience the Prairies of Canada while working on team of young people who are passionate about farming. Room, board and food will be provided.
I am very family oriented so you will get to know my siblings, parents and be welcomed into our home like one of our own. We enjoy cooking on the BBQ, making pizza in our wood fire oven and having coffee breaks on the porch.
This host offers accommodation and payment.
Host has indicated that they will pay at least the minimum hourly wage of their country for each hour worked and that accommodation will also be provided. They are asking for help with a business or business activity. Contact the host directly via the site messenger for more information and details about the wage provided. Any arrangements should be agreed in advance with your host.
I am a paraplegic grain farmer located in Western Canada. I injured my spine in 2014 and since then have been maintaining farming operations while embracing my wheelchair mobility. I have a YouTube channel where I document life as a young Canadian farmer,
The right candidate will be a hardworking self-starter with initiative. They will have a cooperative attitude and an interest to learn more about farming. Agriculture experience is preferred, but not necessary.
Tasks will include the following:
- Operating and maintaining equipment (forklift, tractors, etc.)
- Assisting with the seeding, spraying and harvesting of crops
- Delivery of grains to markets/elevator
- Can physically lift items up to 25kg
- Work in dusty conditions in the field
- Valid driver's license (Class 5)
- Must speak and read English
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Own a smart phone for communication
- Permission to appear in my YouTube videos
PLEASE NOTE: Farming is seasonal and weather-dependent so long hours are required during peak time and harvest. During the busy season and weather permits, you are required to be available, ready to work.
You will stay with me in my 3 bedroom house in the town of Minnedosa, Manitoba. You will have your own room, shared bathroom and shared kitchen. The house is air conditioned, has high speed Wi-Fi, and is located in the nearby town of Minnedosa with stores, grocery, restaurants and fitness centres nearby. It also has a beautiful lake and sandy beach, making it a lovely summer travel destination.
- Worker will have access to farm vehicles to drive to surrounding cities.
- Minnedosa has a beautiful lake and beach for swimming and fishing in the summer months and for skating in the winter. We are located in a valley where there is a ski hill for downhill skiing and snowboarding.
- The town is home to many young people, restaurants, cafes, bars, and shops.
- Riding Mountain National Park is only a half and hour drive where you can enjoy beautiful Canadian scenery, lakes, camping, wildlife like moose, black bears, and elk.
- Winnipeg is a 2-hour drive away where you can see plenty of Canadian culture! Lots of sights to see.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
This host can provide space for campervans.
More than two
5 hours per day, 5 days/week