*️*️For mid November 2017 to mid January 2018 I'm looking for 1 or 2 people that can run the projects on their own since I will be travelling. *️*️
My name is Evelien and I'm managing a few projects in beautiful Nkhata Bay, Northern Malawi. Nkhata Bay is situated right at lake Malawi and the spacious house that you will be sharing with me is a 2 min walk to the beach.
The biggest project is a social business where we produce re-usable sanitary products such as pads and diapers and are active in the provision of menstrual hygiene and reproductive health training for schoolgirls. The things you could get involved in here are endless: Research, education, product development, social media, graphic design, community outreach and capacity building, photography.
Another big project is the local cinema where we try to provide a safe space for the local population to enjoy movies for entertainment and education and hopefully expand their worldview. The manager of the cinema is a local from Nkhata Bay, passionate about doing something for his community. He needs help with computer skills, becoming more independent in managing the cinema and can use a push with innovative ideas on making the place financially sustainable.
I'm also engaged in helping people from this area with the start-up of their own small businesses through mentoring and micro-credit. I'm backed by a Dutch Foundation called LMStandard Supports who helps out with the micro credits and supports me throughout all my work. Tasks to be invloved in here include proposal writing, teaching of finance and administration skills and general guidance for the people to turn their business idea into an innovative reality.
I'm looking for somebody who would like to stay with us for a longer term (at least a month) and help out with daily operations of the existing projects and with the setup of small, innovative startups. Depending on your background and interests there is a huge range of things you can do.
For mid November to mid January I'm looking for 1 or 2 people that can run the projects on their own since I will be travelling.
Feel free to send me a message if you'd like more information.
All the best,
Help with Eco project
Help with Computers / internet
Learn about starting up small businesses in low resource settings, about the importance of menstrual and reproductive health in a low resource setting and experience what an impact a sustainable social business can have.
We would love some help with the following things (you don't have to do everything, we'll look at what your background is and where your interests lie):
- Guidance and mentoring of people that come with a business idea
- Setup of social media pages
- Setup of gofundme or crowdfunding page
- Weekly movie programming
- Teaching computer skills to local manager
Sanitary Pad Project:
- Field Operations: get involved with the set up of menstrual health and reproductive health trainings, help with our ongoing efforts of increasing the accessibility of our products to local women and girls, and be involved in the day to day activities of a social business.
- Desk and field research into adult urinary loss and incontinence in Malawi and similar low-resource settings.
- Graphic design work for development of attractive visual tools such as animations, infographics and picture stories. This would concern both educational and marketing material.
- Product development: we are continuously trying to improve our products.
- Light administrative tasks
- Website maintenance
- Online marketing
English and Dutch
Room with double bed and desk in a beautiful house in Nkhata Bay. The house is right at the lake, has it's own private beach and a huge garden filled with fruit trees. We have 2 dogs, a cat and 2 chickens.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week