We live in a small town in rural Georgia, USA. We have a big backyard with a garden, fire pit and play area for children. Husband, wife, 3 year old son, one year old daughter and one dog live here together. We are happy, open minded, artistic, and loving people. We like to have fun. We love to travel. We keep a clean house (or try to).
We are looking to trade the large, private bonus room with a private bathroom/entire upstairs level of our home for help with housework and cooking.
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Well if you live with us you will learn about southern culture, eat good food, travel around the country with us occasionally, and probably laugh a lot. I like to paint and create and bake and decorate so if you’re in to that stuff I can probably teach you some cool things.
I’m really in to gardening too so I can teach you a lot about that. My husband speaks a good bit of Spanish and would be easily able to help teach English. My step mother speaks German so if our guest hardened to be from a German speaking country, they could easily communicate.
Also you will get free haircuts/ color because I’m a trained cosmetologist and I worked in a salon for 13 years. My husband is very creative as well. He plays guitar and several other instruments and he can teach you to play! My 3 year old is very social and loves to play. He could easily keep another young child entertained (if our guest had a child).
We are very busy/overwhelmed parents and we would love to host a person who could help us with a few household chores like cooking, cleaning, organization and some laundry. Our ideal guest would be like a female who is kind, energetic, patient and loves children and dogs. We can host a single mother of one or (maybe) 2 children. Age does not matter. We would love to find someone who wants to stay a long time and would become like a member of our family. We would love someone who would like to help us learn their language! We know God will send the perfect match!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. How much time is expected: 5 hours a day helping with housework and preparing meals.
2. How meals and food will happen: You will be suicide to eat whatever we have in our kitchen whenever you want. Feel free to put a personal refrigerator in your room if you want. We would love a workawayer that could cook us dinner every night. That would be such a huge help. We would like to sit down at the table and eat together so we can get to know each other too!
3. Internet/Phone rules: no rules. Free unlimited WiFi.
4. Public transport info: We live in an area where Uber and Lyft and other ride shares are available.
5. Things to see and do locally: Beautiful countryside, close to Atlanta , lots of great restaurants and entertainment nearby.
6. Can you accommodate families/children/animals? We can accommodate a single female with or without children. No animals unfortunately because our dog does not play well with others.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
Please contact them directly for more information.
Huge, private bonus room with private bathroom with shower and big closet. King size adjustable bed. Your own tv. Free WiFi. Free food.
You can use my minivan when I’m not using it if we establish trust and comfort and you have a driver’s license. If not, ride share services are available in our area. We live near many parks and forests. There are plenty of activities like hiking, fishing and other recreational options. There is a cute little town square with shops and restaurants within walking distance of our house. Covington is about 45 minutes from Atlanta airport. Anything you could want or need is within very close distance by foot or car. Interesting fact: Covington is where they filmed the show “Vampire Diaries”.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week