Favourited 2522 times
We are centrally located on the waterfront and nestled between the Coastal mountains. We have some of the best climbing, kiting, biking, kayaking, skiing, hiking and mountaineering around. No other North American destination offers this caliber of outdoor adventure in one location!
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️PLEASE NOTE:*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ We receive many incredible applications. Read our profile very carefully before applying so that we can process it properly. Our preference is for applicants who are available the specific dates listed, if any.
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
-1 Lead Housekeeper. And,
-1 Lead Front Desk Agent.
Friendly personality and attention to detail are a must!
When contacting us please let us know your available dates, tell us a bit about yourself, and explain why you feel you'd be a good fit.
We are a 24 room mid-sized hostel and Inn (The only one in Squamish!) which tends to be much more on the adventurer side rather then a "Party" destination. That being said, every day we're full of exciting and adventurous people of all ages who are coming to experience Squamish. We're passionate about the surrounding wilderness, have a very Canadian Lodge'ish vibe, and are the perfect place for you to experience all that Squamish and British Columbia have to offer.
Please read on for our complete Workaway listing..
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
- Visiting us you will have the best chance to experience Canada's true wilderness, culture and adventure. Squamish has the youngest and fastest growing demographic in Canada! Squamish is where adventurers want to be!
- Located 35 minutes between Vancouver and Whistler, BC, we are the ultimate destination for an authentic Canadian experience.
- During your stay you'll also have an incredible chance to learn the "ins and outs" of starting an international hostel as we're very new and figuring it out as we go!
- You'll be staying with a fair, honest, and caring team in a friendly and fun team environment.
- Opportunity to live in a dynamic environment with travelers from all over the world. Learn new languages and skills!
- The Squamish Nation is one of the oldest Native Bands in BC and their culture and heritage is all around the Squamish vicinity.
- You'll be literally steps away from beautiful parks, forests, mountains and the Pacific Ocean!
This host offers accommodation and payment.
Our goal is to provide the best hostel experience possible and our workaway team is an integral part of this dream! We encourage you to explore and build lasting relationships with each other and guests from all over the world.
There's LOTS to do in a hostel but our 3 main departments are: Housekeeping, Front desk & Maintenance. Please let us know in your email what you would like to be considered for and what experience you have. Other positions open up from time-to-time; feel free to inquire if any are available but let us know what you are hoping for!
We generally ask for a 10 week commitment. The starting wage is always equal to or greater than minimum wage and we prefer applicants with valid work permits.
It is very important to us that we choose the right workawayers so please don't be shy: let us know your skills and which position would suit you best. Looking forward to hearing from you!
English and some of our team speaks French and Italian
Our staff dorm room has 2 bunk beds and is on an upper floor facing the water! It also has small lockers for a little bit of gear. Use of common areas and utilities are included (electricity, wifi, heat, etc.) Bedding is also included so you don't have to bring your own!
Squamish is the Outdoor Recreational Capital of Canada. You'll have access to the best wilderness on offer, right in your backyard. Literally some of the best Rock Climbing, Mountain Biking, Kite boarding, Windsurfing, hiking, mountaineering, kayaking, canoeing, fishing, slack-lining in all of North America! All is easily accessible and within 15 minutes of where we are located.
We're also right downtown so cafes, bus stops, grocery stores, restaurants and pubs are all within a few minutes walk from our door. We don't have a restaurant (so you're responsible for your own food) but we do have an awesome kitchen for you to cook in.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Minimum of 18 hours a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: