This is a sharing economy project: we help people get rid of stuff they don't need anymore and then sell it in our second-hand shop, so that those things can have a second life.
But we are more than that - our shop is beautifully decorated and painted by independent artists and hand-made lovers, and the team is young and passionate. This makes us a great place to just spend time, read books, browse through unique things people gave us and connect to our community.
We through parties every week (or whenever we want) - like a Tapas day, when everyone should bring some snack, St.Patricks day with an indie-folk band playing on our carrousel and others :)
This summer Moscow will hold Football Championship, and we can't miss it!
We want to find volunteers who will help us welcome foreign tourists, show them around the shop and run different activities for them to make it a can't-miss attraction during the Championship.
Come join us, it'll be so much fun!
Dasha, Evangelist of the project
Aleksey & Ira, Founders of the project
Helping with Tourists
Our cool team of young passionate people is open to welcome you in our community!
- You will learn all about Russian national crafts, as our shop is located within a market of crafts :)
- Participating and maybe one day running our guided tours you'll reveal Moscow's attractions and hidden spots.
- When we through theme party like historical reconstruction or "borsch" day, we are not only organizers but also participators! And so will be you :)
- The maximum goal of your stay could be fulfilling the project of your dreams or trying something completely new to you!
- And of course we'll watch Football Cup together :)
We want to make your stay fun, inspiring and enriching for you, so we will offer you participate in our projects in the way you want to. You'll be able to apply your skills or try something completely new!
Here's what you could do:
- welcome guests to the shop and showing around or give tips at an information point for foreigners.
- help us decorate the space (shop and rooftop) for the parties and events we will hold: historical reconstruction, watching football games on a big screen open-air, cooking classes with Russian dishes, modern Russian parties to ruin stereotypes, sport activities...
- run guided tours around Moscow (we'll help you find the content, don't worry :)
- but most important, you will have opportunity to run any activity or project you wanted to do for your lifetime! Want to paint the wall, through a theme party, be a DJ, run a flashmob? We are open to anything and will be happy to provide you with our facilities, help and advice.
Be prepared to work 4 hours per day 4 days per week.
To apply, please send us a message in which tell about your experience that could be relevant to what we listed above, and mention 1 project that you specifically interested to take part in (can be one from the list or your own project).
English, Russian, Spanish
Our shop is located in a recently renewed territory on Vernissage, market of Russian crafts. It's a cluster of pretty buildings in old Russian style right next to fascinating Izmaylovsky Kremlin. It's about 20 minutes by metro to city center, but you get to live in a beautiful area next to a pond. We treat this place as a "countryside within Moscow" and light up bonfires in the evening!
You will stay in a tent on the roof of the shop. You can bring your tent or stay in one of ours. Weather in summer is pretty nice, so we are quite sure you won't be cold :)
We will put toilet cabins at the Vernissage territory, and you'll be able to take shower in a hostel (next building).
There is no kitchen, but plenty of cafes at Vernissage territory. We also want to try to organize common lunches of dinners for volunteers, but we'll see how we manage.
We didn't work with volunteers here yet, but Dasha did workaway herself in a hostel, and the experience was great, so we will really try to make your stay awesome.
The rooftop was never used as camping before. We will prepare it accordingly, but don't be surprised if something unexpected happens... :)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 4 hours a day, 4 days a week