The residence was created by the Malaysian artist Mohamad as an art studio. He is a renowned painter and art educator. A very humble and generous person with a great sense of humor, maybe a little strange too ;)
MAIN PROJECT at the moment:
We are building a small library so mainly construction work. If you got special skills in that area you are more than welcome to share your knowledge. If not....you are more than welcome to learn ;)
This is a place to let one's creativity run wild and explore the authentic life of Malaysia. We live a simple life in a small village located in the jungle. It is surrounded by local attractions such as waterfalls, rivers, bamboo, high rising trees and local fauna and flora. The agricultural activities take place in a slightly mountainous region. This means that we breath clean air, drink clean water from a mountain river and it is cool at night here. We also set value on sustainable living to preserve our natural home. We reduce plastic as much as possible and compost our organic trash which is unfortunately not common in Malaysia yet. We also grow various local fruits, veggies and herbs for our own nutrition and health.
This is home to people from all walks of life. Here you can create and learn art of many forms, sharing ideas and activities, exploring nature, get to know the tradition of local people and their way of life, trying Malay foods (fermented durian), learning Malay language, joining festivities, dancing, practising the Malaysian martial art Silat, singing karaoke and many more if you so wish. Have you tried the local drink Teh Tarik? It's fantastique.
We are always looking to improve from our volunteers experience. If you have knowledge about yoga, dancing, music, massage, gardening, farming, games, exercise, workshop and others that you have come across through your life and travels you are most welcome to share with us.
Selamat datang in the jungle
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
What you can learn here:
- We provide an opportunity to learn about Malaysian culture through interaction with the locals.
- to share new knowledge among the travelers and host.
- Exploring ideas in different creative ways using various kinds of materials. Especially in doing a new innovative product from nature such as bamboo and wood.
- Our project aims to be the education center of art and culture. Travelers are encouraged to
creating an art project, workshop, languages, class even arts performance which is beneficial to
communities, students and among the volunteers.
- Here, the travelers also can be practice in various kinds of culinary skills such as cooking food by
- As a 'place to meet' of multi-language, cultural from different countries, travelers are encouraged
to exchange and learn a different kind of language while here.
-Travelers are also encouraged to organize research, projects even classes on various fields of their
expert which will be beneficial to the others.
- In other conditions, travelers will be exposed to various kinds of local activities nearby such as
agricultural activities, local food, local attraction, jungle tracking, health activities, heritage and
- Travelers also are encouraged to learn and share knowledge and experience in gardening, machinery
landscaping and farming.
- Our management really appreciates and thankfully the travelers to your kind cooperation to
maintaining and keeping this place to be clean and green, respect, working together as a team and
sharing the ideas which will be beneficial to all members in this place.
-The familiar and most extreme words here...WHY NOT ??, BECAUSEeee and NO
PROBLEM....always keep in your minds and always use this:)
Always Remember us when u in Malaysia......
What participants are doing:
- As a place of education and art, suggestions to improve this place with good ideas are always welcome.
- Our home is open to the wilds and we appreciate that we keep this environment clean, because it too is our home.
- We have a kitchen here for volunteers to prepare all sorts of foods, and we encourage everyone to cook your own traditional foods to be shared with others.
- We are practicing to be more green and live an eco-friendly lifestyle.
- As an art practitioner, Ismadi's artworks are displayed everywhere, so try to get his permission before moving the artworks or equipment to somewhere else.
- We have a workshop with many tools, machines and equipment available to volunteers. You are welcome to use anything and make your ideas a reality. Those using the tools, try to return the tools you have used and clean up afterward as someone else might want to use them afterward.
- Some of the houses and huts are still in progress. The management crew would really appreciate it if someone with build experience could contribute to the construction.
- No need to hesitate if you have any good ideas to share with us like yoga, dance, art and languages.
Recently (April to June 2019) we have organized a project which relates to Bamboo research. If you would like to help then you are most welcome to join this project together with the various other members. Through their research, innovative thoughts and technical skills to implement it! If you have any ideas on other uses of natural materials, then put it on the board and watch it come forth.
- If you find the weather difficult to get used to (average 27 to 32 degrees Celsius), then take a dip in the nearby river, or ask Ismadi and we will take a ride to the waterfall and really have some fun.
- Here we are surrounded by nature, so why not do some exploration. Trekking through the jungles, fishing the original way, living the wild life. Seek the elusive Rafflesia Flower, crawl through caves, seek medicinal flora.
If you find yourself in any sort of trouble, just say the word and heroes will rise to the occasion.
This host offers a language exchange
I'm teaching Malay language for visitors to stay here before. some of them can speak fluently in Malay. what I'm teaching is more to daily communication
We are an art studio in Ulu Dong, Raub, Pahang, Malaysia. It is situated in two jungles. Accommodation for visitors and tourists leans more towards a 'jungle style' which is open and encourages camping.
- Open spaces for tents, we have tents available if you haven't brought your own.
- Shared toilet and shower.
- An equipped kitchen
- Clear mountain water to the residency and Electricity.
- We don't provide wi-fi unfortunately but the connection is still good if you are within the local area.
We do have the transport to the certain places. As allocated in forestry area, the phone internet coverage sometimes slow. Different kind of activities that we can share with like, performance, hiking, waterfall, local sight, cave, jungles and local market and local festival.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
only one at one time
More than two
20 hours a week max
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: