Hello everyone….. I’m Mimi. I live in small town, Klaten. It is located between Solo and Jogjakarta (both sites are the center of Javanesses culture, more less 30km from mount Merapi). I am an English teacher in junior high school and i have private english course which concern at a hospitality where students learn how to work on cruise ships. As we know that English is needed as the candidate of cruiseliner. A succeeded Language Learning does not need hundreds or thousands of vocabularies or theory. It is more on the experiences.
I do need help from the native speakers who are able to help us to have lots of practice for speaking English. I would like to thank to workaway.info and its foundation, which have been creatively makes any language learners meet, interact, and communicate as well as learn culture one another.
Experience is valuable for us especially for my students. My students came from many background mostly they are the less-fortunate ones. Even, they have an honor dream to be cruise liner so that they are be able to change their future and help others, especially their family. To be honest, I am not a wealthy person, I just want to do something for people.
If you are about traveling to Indonesia, especially Klaten please do not hesitate to contact me. We would be happy if you are happy learning and staying with us as a volunteer. Volunteering is a chance to sleep in a local, Indonesian-style house, sample fresh, home-cooked fare and you can socialize with a group of inquisitive and friendly young Indonesians, especially Klaten.
Klaten (Central Java) is a small city. It is a quiet town very close to Yogyakarta and Solo located in between two big cities. my friends and I, mostly English teachers would like to invite any volunteers to motivate and improve our student's English ability, because Klaten is off the beaten track, there is hardly any tourist around anywhere you go.
We love to welcome the volunteers around the world to join us. We really appreciate the participation of international volunteer in our meaningful project. Your participation in our program will certainly make a great impression and effective for our students who can learn a lots from them. We also can assure that the volunteers will experience a wonderful time when they join us.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
1. You could learn how to cook traditional in our home.
2. you can also gather with our big family, most of them in village.
3. Klaten is very wellknown with the cloth (linen) which called by LURIK.
you can also learn how to make it.
4. You could learn about the process how to make puppet.
And much more challenging cultural excanghe :)
1. To help and encourage the students to speak English.
2. We do need more advise from guests to make our students more fluent and confident to speak English.
3. We generally ask for a few hours help a day, just make some conversations with our students as their habituation before they volunteer on cruise ships.
English, Indonesian, Javanese
1.You would stay in our home. It is comfortable enough.
2.Due to some cases, we couldn't provide food for guest and also you have your own option to get food by yourself. we will show you good places and cheap price for traditional foods with unique taste. You could donate 50.000 rupiahs per person per day for a family accommodation, meal and laundry in which case the team will ensure that volunteers get to eat the best of the Indonesian and Klaten specialties. Needless to say, the homestay alone is worth the experience!
3.If you need more information please ask me soon send me email here. COME AND ENJOY THE SIGNATURE OF KLATEN.
1. You would teaching English maximum 4 hours a day, it will depend on the schedule. Please make our students to be brave to speak and make them feel confident. Indonesian English teachers work hard to make their students proficient, but we can add greatly to their effectiveness with regular classes and intensive visits to schools. If the students can master English, their futures are far more promising in this fast-changing country.English is one of the most useful languages to speak in the world, but it is often difficult for Indonesian students to master the language without having the chance to practice with English speakers, because they will work on cruiseship.
We have city-tour and culture exchange activities between volunteer, staff and student in weekend. You would enjoy our beautiful places, such as:
a. Prambanan Temple, It is the highest Hindhu temple in Indonesia.
b. Plaosan temple. It is near Prambanan temple. It is the combination between hindhu and budha culture temple.
c. Floating restaurant, you can have fishing and eat there.
d. Umbul Ponggok swimming pool, you can swim and do snorkeling
e. Cokro river and swimming pool
f. Gua Pindul, If you are crazy about rafting.
g. If you are like cycling, bikes are available for you.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
15 hours a week
In developing countries (Where most hosts are involved in charity work or community development) some of our hosts may ask for a small donation to help the host family or charity (often less then 5 dollars per day) Workaway will allow this listing when the donation goes directly to the family or charity and is just to cover the cost of the volunteer‘s stay. (This will be clearly marked on the host listing).
We will strictly not allow listings posted by agents, “middle men” or projects who we feel are looking to profit from a volunteers stay.