We are a Foundation with 340 hectares of land in "La Solana", 20 km from the city of Querétaro, México.
Our place is dedicated to the human BEING's evolution and committed to the future of our planet. We include:
- Ecology respect
- Life quality
- Alternative medicine
- Fish hatchery
- Sweat lodges
- Practical ecumenicism
- Shamanic medicine
- Thematic park
- Building materials
- Honey bees
- Organic fertilizers (hummus)
- Pawlonia trees
- Reforestation program
- Plant multiplication
- Self-sustainability in every area of life:
> Social commitment
> Benefits for everybody regardless of their culture, economic level, or religious faith
> Eliminating prejudices that limit and segregate.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
The 340 hectares are divided into different areas:
- Thematic Park: a place to go with the family. There is a restaurant, a Temazcal (sweat lodge), nature, games for kids and contact with animals and plants, and a relaxing escape from everyday busy life...
- Animal Farm: chickens, rabbits, goats, sheeps, pigs, fish, hydroponia...
- Gated Community: 30 lots of aprox 5.000m2 each. The idea is that this becomes a self-run community, where the property owners take care of everything, live together, and help each other. They have some construction limits and some common ideas of how to live, but some people live there full-time while others use it as a weekend getaway.
- Ranch owner's house
- Foundation: this is where you would be staying, in the house we call "Consciousness House". We are next door to "Casa Grande" the operational center and the future development of the social impact we want to make here: School, University, Bussiness Developement for the people in the village.... and right now we have courses, meditation, English and sport classes...
This place will eventually work as a real community, but right now, it's only Colleen and me full time. If you come, you'll be a part of it, and if there is somebody who wants to stay longer, he/she would become a welcomed part of it as well, (the goal is to start our own community). There is plenty of land for dreaming, we just need hearts!
The idea of opening this place for work exchange is a part of giving back what we hae received for so long. We want to host people, talk, open our hearts to them, share everything we know, and learn as much as possible.
Mostly, we want to help people make a change in their life and improve some skills that the everyday life in "the matrix" may not allow. That's why we want people to stay here for at least 21 days, so they have the opportunity to change their behaviour and turn down the caotic mind that they may have.
We are also open to long term help exchange.
------Drugs are strictly prohibited------
We are two biketravellers trying to improve this community, open-minded artists, who love nature and are willing to exchange life experience and help.
I am Spanish and my girlfriend is from the U.S.
We've been travelling for 3 years and have lots of experiences.
Also, the founder of the community is a Spiritual Guide that can surprise almost anybody.
This is not just a work exchange program, this is something more, so keep that in mind. Personal growth is maybe the most important part of comming here. If you just want to have a rest for couple weeks, better not to apply.
But we are nice people, don't worry, hehe
Depending on the demands at the time you come, you could be doing (as work exchange):
- Animal care
- General maintenance (toilet cleaning, dishwashing, watering, sweeping )
- Beautification of the grounds
- Natural building
As part of our social labor with the neighbouring community (apart from your work exchange and as a way of feeling the culture and interacting with local people), some afternoons your help could be needed with:
- Giving classes (yoga, sport, arts....or anything in which you are an expert that could be helpful for neighbouring community)
- Helping with activities as needed
We are willing to live in a community, where everybody needs to give and receive. That is why labours at home would be something that everybody needs to help with.
Colleen and I (Jose) are opening this space as an exchange for culture, friendship, talking, helping, experience and work, but we are also just workers here as the place is not ours.
Therefore, we ask people to help as equals, everybody cleans, cooks, does the dishes... apart from the job we do here. It's a life sharing, and no one is more than anybody else. That's our idea and if it works this way, we are going to be able to host lot of people and make a cultural explosion here, apart from friendship and life contacts.
So if you can work with this idea, apply to us and we will welcome you with no doubts. But if you want to relax and not really get into this ideal, there are plenty of other places.
We are trying to make the difference, not keep doing the same things...
Spanish, English, Italian, French
At the moment, we have 2 beds and a lot of space to camp.
The two beds are in the kitchen/livingroom but have some curtains for privacy.
The space to camp is there, but we don't have any tents to offer our guests. If you have some tents that you are willing to donate, they would be used to host more people.
We are planning to open two new rooms with four beds each, one for males and other for females.
At the moment, shared kitchen and bathroom (there are some outside toilets as well for more privacy).
As a traveller, I understand what people need when coming to a place like this. A place for yourself, food, shower and internet.
All of this will be provided in exchange for the work you do here. This exchange agreement is essential for the sustainability of this project. We need people to make personal commitments with themselves and us.
As a community looking for a mind change, we do not do any illegal drugs, and we control our tobacco and alcohol consumption, though they are allowed.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers