Welcome to our Buddhist International Retreat Centre.
We are located on a high point of the beautiful Island of Menorca geographically positioned in the west of the Mediterranean sea.
Set in the hills and a forested area of Sa Roca, surrounded by just a few quiet traditional Menorcan houses, we are 7,5 km away from the nearest town of Alaior and 14,4 km from Es Mercadal.
The centre is purposefully built for meditation retreats. It is very tranquil and permeates a sense of stillness and deep inner peace. We regularly host many retreats throughout each year, most of them includes some time in silence. We also have solitary silence retreaters who may stay for a week up to over a year. We are a small and quiet community.
We often have few places available for working visitors, and we welcome any individual who wishes to make a connection with Buddhism or who merely wishes to come and experience life in a modern Buddhist Centre.
We are looking for responsible people who will work independently in an honest and commited way without requiring supervision.
Experience with the Buddhist Kadampa tradition is not required. However, volunteers are expected to refrain from meat, tobacco and intoxicants during their stay and to maintain the peacefulness of the property.
Opportunities vary with a range of tasks such as:
- Digital marketing, community management (only for Spanish speakers and essential to bring your own laptop).
- Website developers (essential to bring your own laptop).
- Video makers (preferably Spanish speakers and essential to bring your own laptop).
- Graphic designers (essential to bring your own laptop).
- Qualify maintenance (carpenter, builder, etc.).
- General maintenance and yard work.
The Education Programme:
Volunteering at the centre gives you the opportunity to personally experience and understand Buddhist teachings by attending some of the classes of the education programme. For the time being, all our classes are hold in Spanish.
You are welcome to attend some of the meditations and retreat sessions throughout your stay. Provided it is in harmony and does not infringe upon your working hours at the Centre.
If you are interested in this project, please, contact us and we will let you know as soon as possible if we have free places for dates you would like to come.
For volunteer visitors we offer one week trial with the possibility to extend their stay if the conditions are correct for a maximum of 3 weeks.
- Transport from/to the Retreat Centre is by taxi, bike or walking. Working visitors can move around the island to visit it by bike or, some of them, have rented a car or a scooter.
- Health insurance is a must. We will ask to see a driver’s license or other ID upon arrival and require emergency contact information as part of the application process.
- No smoking, no drugs, no meat, no alcohol, no music (earphones only) are allowed on the premises.
- Times of arrival: at the latest 7 pm. Thank you.
What to bring?
- Please, bring towels,
- Copy of your identification card or passport,
- Copy of your travel insurance or the European Health Insurance Card.
We look forward to hearing from you.
All are welcome!
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Make a connection with Modern Buddhist teachings; Mindfulness and meaningful practices.
The opportunity to join some of the meditation classes, and retreat sessions in the Temple -if we have one while you are here.
Have the opportunity to practice and improve both English and Spanish (sometimes other languages!).
Enjoy and experience the beautiful calm and silence surroundings of this UNESCO protected biosphere and its amazing natural environment.
Discover more about yourself.
Get to know new people, different stories.
We often need working visitors to help in various aspects of the centre. Areas included are the Temple, retreat accommodation, cleaning, preparing rooms for retreats, etc. Maintenance and working on the grounds.
Accommodation is in shared dormitory rooms. In summer, we offer marquees dormitory spaces, or you can bring your own tent and sleeping bag.
Breakfast, lunch and supper is included.
Menorca is a most beautiful island, it is surrounded by beaches and bays. There are the ancient sites of the Talyotic Period.
Mahon and Ciutadella are the two main towns on the island both regularly holding local markets and fiestas.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
5 hours per day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: