Favourited 6 times
Hi I'm Ari, I used to work as a guide for canoeing and cycling tours in Bali. Since 2019, I have decided to go back to my hometown and start a new life as a farmer. I live in a small town named Cianjur with my younger brother (Uyung) and a cat. Recently I and Uyung restructure 1 hectares of land in the rural village near the mountain. We got planted many bananas, guavas, onion, durian and some other vegetables. We have an idea to share our place with workawayers and start this place to have a touch from you guys.
We need you guys for certain kind of work such as gardener, cooking teacher, videographer (with your own equipment), DIY and building projects, or English teaching as simple as that.
And we offer you a trip once a week at least with crew of us.
here we have some people always around
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
- Free accommodation and meals during your time here.
- Free meal 3 times a day with our menu. If you want certain meal, you can make your own (Kitchen provided)
- Internet access, tv and computer, washing machine, fridge
- if you have enough time you can Learn about the Pencak Silat (Traditional Martial Arts), Learning the Indonesian Culture in General
- we can teach you some traditional hand-made craft
- You can involved when we serve a meal, so you could learn how our meal cooked
- If you are lucky, in certain season we will harvest some kind of fruit and you will see how it work
- i will guide you around the area , or help you with cheapest traveling options around here or i can suggest you how to travel in cheap ways around Indonesia
example of the cultural exchange offers :
- Learn the Indonesian Language and culture with me and interact with locals around.
As I'm planning to make a farmstay, I would love to make the environment as comfortable as possible for guests. I need some hands and ideas to make it look nice and kinda proper, just guide or give me idea how it should be. During your stay, I need help from you to train my brother to speak english.
This host offers a language exchange
Bahasa Indonesia, Sundanese
I have 3 places in different location around the village, So it give you dynamic option, you can choose any of thoose to stay in as you like, the locations are :
1. The farmstay itself (have two bed rooms at the moment)
2. My Old house in the rural village (4 bedrooms)
3. My Family's Villa (Since my mum and sister living there, they only accept ladies)
- Usually we served sundanese - indonesian food, if you are vegetarian we can help you looking for vegetarian foods.
Cianjur is such a beautiful little town with underrated complete tourist attractions, why I said that because Cianjur has Volcano if we want to hike (yes we can), waterfalls, rivers, lake, beach, large scale of plantation that maybe you couldn't find it in any other country. there are plenty of activities that you could do around my town, such as visiting a floating village, or tracking to a nature, cooking class, explore the national park, or do some of cultural things (martial art, music, dance, etc).
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We have good internet connection for free. and also proper chair and table to work.
More than two
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week