Our project was founded in February 2013 and is an ethical lifestyle brand founded to address the following concerns and needs:
• to help create sustainable livelihoods for craftspeople
• lack of well designed artisan and handmade heritage crafts
• to support underprivileged groups in every stage of the supply chain, eg. Supporting the livelihoods of women with refugee status in Malaysia
We currently work with craftspeople and Refugee artisans all over Malaysia, visit the artisans to comprehend the process and find out about the difficulties the artisans face. It allows us to evaluate the general work conditions of the artisans and take in more about how we can help them and work with them. By helping artisans work from home or in their villages, it helps to reduce the flow of young people into the cities where they are vulnerable to being exploited.
We have helped disabled tailors, trafficked or under privileged craftspeople throughout Cambodia, Malaysia, India, Indonesia, Thailand and Uzbekistan. We have also planted more than 2000 trees and helped people in Malaysia & Cambodia who were rescued from trafficking, abusive situations or homelessness.
Join us in this journey of social justice by helping to build a brand which creates beautiful products!
Help with Computers/ Internet
We work with Malaysian rural artisans and Refugee women from Myanmar and the Middle East who live in Malaysia. You will be working with a multi ethnic team and lots of exciting projects to showcase artisanal, ethical products.
We have launched a range of Refugee women jewellery : Product designers with experience in Bag and Accessories design, jewellery design would be amazing! Please get in touch if you have design and product development skills.
1) *️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️Are you a digital marketing expert? Like, really an expert? If you have experience in building an e-commerce business, we'd love to have you!
You should probably know SEO, sem, social media advertising & analytics, crm, email strategy & execution, marketing automation tools, customer segmentation, and other stuff that we don't even know we should list here.*️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️
2) Branding, brand building experience - helping us figure out a marketing plan that befits our brand positioning. And also if you have experience in building a wholesale or B2B business line
3) Web developers - we need help with coding on Wordpress and Shopify *️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️*️️️️️️️️️️️ please help us redesign our website!
4) We would love help from photographers & videographers
(we need help with product photography & our video footage - edit them to a professional quality) - folks who are adept with Photoshop & other photo/ video editing softwares. OR if you are a model, we’d love your help too as we need models for product lifestyle shots.
5) Those with PR, Fashion & Retail Visual Merchandising skills : people with great flat lay, retail display experience
Or anyone who has a passion for socio-entrepreneurship, sustainable development, working with artisans, businesses with purpose.
We are looking for mature, independent workawayers who are interested in affecting society positively.
Chinese (Mandarin): Fluent
We are able to find a nearby homestay where they have a dorm with 4 beds - its a lovely place with great reviews. We will of course pay for this. We have had other volunteers stay here and it is an easy going, chilled out place. At this time we are not able to provide food or transport costs, just accommodation.
Once we review your CV and confirm if the guesthouse has space, only then can we confirm the volunteering opportunity.
Look forward to hear from you,
We can only host about 1-2 volunteers at a time.
To truly make an impact and experience what we do, we ask that volunteers stay at least 3 weeks to a month.
Living near KLCC (the Petronas Twin Towers), there is a lot to do around town and visit the beautiful sights in Ipoh, Penang, Sabah, Sarawak etc. Work time is very flexible, we rely on each other to be productive, independent, and mature.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Max 5 days a week - no meals