Great place to learn how to live in the countryside and know if you want to live this kind of life.
We are Borja (Spanish/Basque), Luiza (Romanian) and Sebi (3 years old). We have just bought a pice of land 1 year ago and there are hundreds of things to do. We need your heeelp!!
We are 3 kilometers away from Aljezur and 7 to the closest beach. Although there are many others around.
Our five ha land is located in a beautiful valley with natural swimming pools and great opotunities for trecking. We are the last house of this (not very populated) valley and our more common visitors are wild pigs, birds and frogs.
We are in the begining of the process of converting this wild beauty into a retreat that people who like nature and quietness could enjoy. That’s why we feel that helping us in this project can give you a good understanding of what living in the countryside means and/or lead you into the firsts steps you have to give in your (future) project. Moreover, we will be really happy to share our experiences and feelings.
Help with Eco project
As we said before: “we feel that helping us in this project can give you a good understanding of what living in the countryside means and/or lead you into the firsts steps you have to give in your (future) project.”
We have some families around living ethically with nature and practising permaculture. So you will be able to get other examples and extra advice from them.
There are many things to do in our land right now. So if you have certain expertise that you feel that can be useful for us, let us know.
As for the project, our main goals to the summer of 2018 are:
- Clearing land (lots of these)
- Making a timber bridge
- Choping and gathering firewood
- Helping in/extend the garden
- Arranging water system
- Assisting with the construction project
Spanish, English, Romanian and Portuñol
We have a nice big caravan with one single bed and a double bed, perfect for a person, a couple or a small family. The caravan also has a small wood-stove for cold nights and a small 2 fire cooker for your use.
The caravan has a solar system of 100 ah that is more than enough for lights, charging your phones and computers, or having an small music system.
We also have an outdoor dry toilet with great views, and an outdoor solar heated shower. There is also an area outside for cleaning dishes, clothes etc.
Luiza is vegetarian. So we will normally cook vegetarian meals. We have a little organic garden and the rest of the food we will buy it from local producers in the weekly food market.
- Climate: Aljezur has a nice and warm weather during all the year. Temperatures during a normal day will go from 17-20 C in January to 27-29 C in July. During summer it is really strange that we get any rain. In Autumn, Winter and Spring is usual to have 5-10 rainy days a month (and many sun).
- Time off: There are several beaches around, good for surf, that are normally deserted. Around the property there are good trecking opportunities and natural swimming pools 1 km away. Aljezur, that is a nice little town, is 3 km away. We will be happy to take you with us to the local/ regional events.
- Transportation: To get the most about staying with us, it is better to have a car. This will give you the freedom to come and go as you want. The closest beach is 7 km away and Aljezur 3. If you are not travelling with one, we will be going to Aljezur at least once every two days. We as well have a bicycle that you can borrow. Or you can get a lift from a not very busy road which is 10 minutes walking from our property.
- Friends and activities: The valley where we are living in is a really special place. There are many families in our 30's that are living ethically with nature and practising permaculture. We have some weekly events with them.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
We are flexible and have options with food and without food (15 hours or max 25 hours)