My name is Alim and I have a small family run Bed & Breakfast in Panjim, the capital city of Goa in India. It is actually just 3 mins walk from the Fontainhas world heritage site. We have just 4 private rooms. The B&B is an annex to the family home. We are a joint family of 9 people, which includes 2 kids. Its a fun household and we have been welcoming guests for the past 6 years. Our B&B is an Old Traditional Goan House and it has a lot of small courtyards and seating area which people enjoy. Its tucked away from the city noise and is at a quite spot at the foot of a hill with lots of greenery with plants and trees. You can walk to the city centre in about 15 mins from our B&B. Panjim has lots of things to do and participate and is among the most peaceful areas in India.
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Benefits would be.
1. The Pleasant weather with Sunshine is always a plus
2. Panjim has many things to offer in terms of events and things to do. Apart from the Old heritage.
3. Interaction with locals and learning the local languages. Apart from English Most people speak Konkani, Hindi, Marathi and also Portuguese.
3. Our Place is in a quite spot away from the city noises and below a hill. So there are always birds chirping. Which makes it ideal for people wanting to spend time writing or planning or doing research and just taking a break from what they are doing.
4. The family is friendly and helpful and broadminded.
5. We provide a bicycle for convenience
We expect people to be able to perform tasks independently.
Following are the areas where we need help with.
1. General Tidying/Maintenance - It basically involves help with keeping the place clean and tidy.
2. Babysitting/Childcare - We have 2 kids in the house. One is 7 and the other is 6. We would like them to be exposed to foreign languages. So some interaction during the day would be ideal.
3.Helping with Tourists - This mainly may involve doing the Check Inn Process and generally keeping an eye out if anything is out of place. And any general help that may be required.
4. Help in the house - There might be days where some help be needed in the household chores.
5. Help with some basic DIY/renovation/painting for the house would be perfect if you have the skill.
6. Help with caring for the plants and gardening.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
Please contact them directly for more information.
Accommodation will be provided in one of the guestrooms from the Guesthouse. It is a small Studio Like apartment with Kitchen and en-suite bathroom. It includes all the basic things to make your stay comfortable( No AC). (Let us know if you have any specific query about the accommodation)
Also we provide a bicycle for your convenience.
During the time off you can.
1. Explore the neighborhood. And local attractions in Panjim.
2. Rest in a private areas.
3. We will provide a bicycle for your convenience.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Internet is available
Please inform us what pet you want to bring along. Than we can decide.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: