I'm Hanna, a German Digital Nomad living the little dream here in Puerto Escondido. We all love music, art, good food, and nice conversations.
I have volunteered in the past and like the format of sharing and an exchange of ideas. Now we are excited to have the possibility to host volunteers as well :)
I manage rentals here in Puerto, and my latest project is a shared house for slow and long-term travelers, Digital Nomads, and creatives.
DIY and building projects
Help around the house
Get to know Puerto Escondido and its surrounding with the eyes of a local!
We will show you beautiful places that are not very touristic, but very relaxed and still full of magic. Hidden beaches, rivers or the best tacos in the neighborhood (we know the best veggie options as well) ;-)
Learn from others and show others what you can share!
- Use what the coast has to offer: Palms, wood, rocks, fruit seeds .. or whatever!
- Improve your communication skills! Our Mundito is a mix of people from all over, often conversations can be in Spanish or English!
We never say no to a good 'Jam' session!
Conoce Puerto Escondido y su alredodor con ojos de un local!
Les vamos enseñar hermosos lugares poco turisticos que aún conservan su tranquilidad y magíca. Playas escondidas, rios o los mejores tacos del barrio (también concemos las mejores tacos veggies) ;-)
Aprende de los otros y enseña que puedes compartir!
- Áprende de cocinar recetas autenticas mexicanas y comida tradicional alemán ;-)
- Usa lo que la costa te da! Palmeras, madeira, rocas, semillas de fruta .. o que sea !
- Mejorar tu capacidad de comunicar! Hanna te puedo ayudar con alemán, inglés y español en el intercambio. Nos gusta el 'metódo de tandem'.
Nunca digamos 'no' a una buena Jam session!
STAY WITH US AND AND HELP US TO CREATE THE BEST PLACE FOR LONG-TERM AND SLOW TRAVELERS, DIGITAL NOMADS AND CREATIVES!
Spanish speakers preferred // intermediate English essential
Minimum stay: 1 month - the first week is a trial to make sure we are all happy!
So you can work on tasks independently, with good communication, and when finishing one small project you have the next in mind already? Then we are looking for you! :-)
Searching for responsible Happy People - Our project is more than a hostel - we are a community of interesting people from all over the world.
||| UPDATE 25.8.2021: For the time being we need help with cleaning of communal areas and gardening.
As well mostly wanted: People with carpentry skills!
We have as well one position open helping with tourists, administration and Digital Marketing!
Other skills we would love :-)
- Mural Artists | Let the house be your huge canvas! Let's brainstorm together to find a nice design and you can take 2-3 weeks to finish without a rush. We will provide you with everything you need.
- Carpenters and Upcycle Genius | We love to work with used objects, pallets, bamboo, different kind of woods, glass bottles and whatever what surprises to be reusable. A big sunset terrace needs some creative fences and we need to create some furniture.
We are easy-going and mostly do not need you to have a strict schedule, but want to achieve our goals in time and are counting on about 4hours daily and 1 day off per week. Working responsible and having thrust is a must! ;-)
We want to have a nice time with you guys as well and are looking forward to meeting creative independent people who love to create and work together as a team.
Looking forward to hearing from you! :-)
This host offers a language exchange
Guests and volunteers at El Mundito have told us how their languages have improved here.
We will provide a private room with a bathroom for 2 in the hostel 2 blocks from the beach with a lovely garden and sunset terrace :) Couples and friends more than welcome!
The beach only two blocks away :-)
Local transport shuttles in direction center of Puerto Escondido/other beaches leave from only two blocks away (8 MX$ / ride)
Camionetas por el Centro y otras playas dos cuadras arriba del hospedaje (8MX$/viaje)
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We have co-working spaces in our garden with power, wifi, tables, hammocks - paradise! I work online as well and mIght have interesting job opportunities for Virtual Assistants, Graphic Designers, and Web Developers (separate from the volunteer position).
small space available.
Let us know about your pet. Generally, we are very pet friendly :)
More than two
4 hours a day, 5 days a week