Favourited 664 times
I'm running an organic minifarm which includes a small tourist place in one of the most beautiful places in the Tyrol. This place operates all year, in winter it is for people enthusiastic about skiing and snowboarding.
From May until September, we also accept volunteers for our remote alpine place which is for tough, sporty volunteers who like to work work with cows and love a lonely, simple life. This place operates only between May and October. Only for people who really want to go there!
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
You can improve your language skills in German. You can learn about organic gardening methods in a harsh climate (for example gardening methods with sheep wool) and how to keep aminals according to their needs, which also benefit to the garden and to the touristic attraction of our place. My partner is a skilled craftsman. He is not around all the time, but if he is, you can learn about construction, woodworking or electric work.
We like to share what we know to anybody who shows interest. In return, we also learn from our volunteers.
There are many things to do for all kinds of skills and preferences, for example:
Take care of ducks, quails and cats, clean holiday flats, cultivate vegetables und construct occasionally things for the house and the garden. Not extremely hard tasks (Nothing that I don't do myself - I'm a woman in my 40s).
We provide room and food, preferably from my own biological garden, and free beer, if you like. We ask for 25 hours a week, not including your share of housework.
So far, we had a lot of fun with almost all of my volunteers, who were all very different in characters and abilities. If you enjoy participation in whatever you take on, you will have a lot of fun.
However there are things you should know for example:
- We do not buy fashionable food that is coming from far away or veggies out of season (except once in a while)
- We do not cook vegan or vegetarian food (as this would exclude most regional food of our area) but we usually eat meat from our own animals or from farmers that we know
- We do not offer endless bonfire discussions until late in the night (we are not some sort of "community")
- We do not have more than one volunteer (or couple) at the same time
- We expect you to organize yourself in your free time on your own (outdoor activities, having fun in the village)
English, French, German
Own room with TV and Internet
The village within 10 minutes walk is quite big with a lot of shops and bars. The mountains are perfect for all sorts of outdoor activities, and skiing in winter (in winter we are directly at the skiing slope).
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
5 hours per day (max 25hours/week)
Accuracy of profile: