help with WINTER MAINTENANCE!
Hello! My name is Maribel. I recently live in a wonderful place by the beach in Chiloé... it's a land of 2.5ha. It's a wetland full of birds, some of them migrate from Alaska, some from Patagonia. I am still finishing constructing my house, which is small but has room for one more person in a loft area (Notice: it's not for standing). I need help doing minor construction details in the house and maybe constructing some landscape infrastructure... I also need help gardening and keeping the weeds down for the moment. There are domestic duties like moving firewood close to the house. I have a cat which loves visitors. THESE DAYS I NEED HELP ON GRAPHIC DESIGN, DOCUMENT EDITING, URBAN PLANNING, ARCHITECTURE DOCUMENTS' PROCESS.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help around the house
Help with Computers/ Internet
Travellers will have the chance to stay at one of the most beautiful areas near Castro, Chiloé. See stunning groups of migratory birds from the first row. You can learn about local culture and use your spare time to visit the wonders of this island.
Painting, cleaning up the garden, moving firewood, general maintenance, help with ideas on eco projects. As I said, this is a wetland full of migratory birds and nature is very wild over here... the grass, plants and trees grow just madly so it's difficult to keep its rithm as I don't have experience. I want to prepare my land to start a tourism project on birdwatching, so I'll have to build hides to watch the birds unseen, walkways, design the garden, construct a lagoon and do lots of landscaping. At the same time, I want to build a greenhouse and a small orchard, a composting area, a chicken's house, so I'll be needing help in any of those if you feel you have the skills to do so.
Here's the list:
URBAN PLANNING / ARCHITECTURE
A. Document editing
B. Drawing Plans
C. Picture editing
1. Carpentry: building a room divider.
2. Carpentry: building a shed.
3. Painting a second coat all over the house.
4. Painting the roof.
5. Painting the bathroom ceiling.
6. Painting the decks.
7. Selecting materials from a demolition.
8. Building furniture.
9. Building a natural pond.
10. Building a hide to watch the birds and wildlife.
11. Building walkways (using wood, stones, etc.)
12. Building a compost area.
13. Mow the lawn.
14. Clearing weeds.
15. Collect wild plants and plant them here (winter season).
16. Constructing fences.
17. Chicken home cleaning.
18. Start and maintain a vegetable garden.
19. Firewood cutting and moving.
20. Maintenance of garden tools.
21. Picking berries, apples, mint, rushes (a fiber used for weaving).
22. Digging pipes.
23. Dishes washing.
25. Home cleaning.
26. Water system maintenance.
27. Brushing the cat.
28. Feeding the chickens.
29. Yoga or Pilates lessons.
30. Healthy cooking.
31. What’s you expertise?
32. Researching on local and migrating wildlife.
33. Researching on international funding for sustainable projects.
34. Researching on natural pest control (weeds mainly).
35. Researching on conservancy projects.
36. Artistic projects: paintings, sculptures, landscape art, etc.
37. Building fountains, bird feeders, bird nests for next, bug hotels, etc.
38. Anything you can add to make this place great!
I have a small house where I have a loft where one or two people can fit. The loft area is open as well as my room, so there is not so much privacy if you need so. We will be sharing the house and all its facilities of course. I also have a tent if you ever feel you want to be closer to nature.
There is public transport 1km from my place. I can give you a lift most of the time either to the closest towns: Castro, Dalcahue, or to the bus stop. You can travel around the island, do some hiking, visit the national park in Cucao and other towns. In summer time you can visit the numerous traditional festivities around the islands. I can contact you with tourist operators to book your activities. I speak fluent English, but you can also practice your Spanish.
I have a small place, though I count with decent wifi connection.
This host can provide space for campervans.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week