Favourited 192 times
Hello friend! My house mate and I are currently working on a new business, so we are working a lot. (Home office and sometimes downtown). We're looking for a fun person with a sense of humour to help out with cooking, cleaning, and some organizing.
Tasks including keeping the house nice, some cooking, and some garden work (as weather allows - not too much to do outside in winter ;) Once every week or two we might organize a closet or storage space together, since the closets need some help I can say lol.
Both of us are single guys, and not going out too much right now since we are focused on work. We enjoy music, fitness, and humor! Sometimes we play a little ping pong here or kick a football or something fun like that.
Please let me know what you are looking for in this trip so we can make sure this is a good match :)
You get your own bedroom and are welcome to use the Internet, Kitchen, Garden, Piano, Guitar, Laundry, and Bikes. You can eat anything you like within reason, just let me know for the shopping list. The train is 10 minutes by bike, or you are welcome to come with me by car to go downtown on certain days.
My interests include fitness, music, travel, reading, writing, coaching, and personal development. You are welcome to join anything that interests you! My personality is ENFP if that helps. If you can work well with outgoing people and/or can be outgoing at times that is helpful :)
There is a full garden and separate garden cottage (not yet furnished - we can fix that!) and next door to a bird preserve and forest area if you like to go on walks in nature.
If you need any help with German, English, basic piano/ guitar, life coaching, business, or technology stuff I am happy to help you, just ask!
* Schedule is essential! If you tend to be a night owl or party animal this is not a compatible Workaway. Quiet hours after 21:30 and evening lights-out around 23:00. Wake-up is between 5 and 7 and we start work at 8:00. Sometimes we go for a run at 7:30 or a workout.
* Good communication is fundamental - we are here to have a good experience together and communication makes this possible!
* No smoking/ drinking/ etc except for the occasional exception.
* I'm relaxed on some things and fussy on other things, so please ask when you have a question :)
* Please clean up after yourself every day (as do I!) and put everything back its in place.
* It's a new house, please be careful with things to keep things looking nice (white walls, wood floors, etc)
* Please no loud TV or music unless we decide to watch something together, or headphones work also.
I speak English and German, my house mate speaks English and Spanish.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
We will pratice the Marie Kondo method of organizing things to make the house focus on joy and practicality.
If you need any help with German, English, basic piano / guitar, life coaching, business, or technology stuff I am happy to help you, just ask!
You will be helping 5 days per week, or if you prefer you can also split it over 6 days. Please let me know what you are looking for in this trip so we can make sure this is a good match :)
English, German, Greek, French, a little Spanish
Single family house, you get your own private bedroom. There are two bathrooms to be shared.
You can eat anything you like within reason, just let me know for the shopping list or come along shopping.
The train station is 10 minutes away by bike.
You can take the bike (or bike+train) to get to the nearest city center (Berlin Gesundbrunnen) in about 20-30 minutes.
You are also welcome to ride with me in the car when I head into the city, about 3x per week.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
20 hours per week