We are a Turkish family, with a 8 years old daughter living in a very beautiful Turquoise Coastal town at Mediterranean sea, named Kaş. Here is an old fishing village of Kaş remains relatively untouched. Has long summers where many international travelers visit and wish to stay permanently. Known largely as a divers’ paradise, the city has a hippyish sensibility.
We are working from home, me for a multinational pharmaceutical company as supply chain manager, and my husband Ilker; former art director in several agencies is now freelancer graphic designer.
We love outdoor sports. We both are scuba diving instructors, experienced sea kayakers and cavers.
We are energetic, hard working, easy going, reliable, humanist and environmentalist people loving to travel and meet new people around the world and would love to host someone who has similar values.
We are spending our days working, gardening and outdoor activities such as cycling, hiking, swimming, kayaking etc.
Babysitting and creative play
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help around the house
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
If you visit us, you'll:
- experience Turkish culture living with with a small family. Interact with the villagers.
- stay in one of the most beautiful and relatively not spoiled part of Turquoise Coast of Mediterranean Sea which is an pre-Roman Lycian city.
- visit many nearby ancient Lycian cities around like Patara, Xanthos where you can hike and learn more about pre-Roman history.
- swim in turquoise waters and enjoy being in outdoors in mild climate of Kaş.
We are looking for someone talkative, interested in children to help us and our daughter (8 years old) practice and learn English as a foreign language and accompany her in our absence.
We prefer native English speaker equipped to teach whom can develop his/her own teaching materials, enthuse and help her learn is a systematic way by assessing her improvement.
We expect him/her share responsibilities in housework.
Also support in gardening in our small farmhouse will be much appreciated.
This host offers a language exchange
This host has indicated that they are interested in sharing their own language or learning a new language.
Please contact them directly for more information.
Our two floor semi-detached house is just located in central Kaş in terms of scenic view and reaching distance with less than 5 minutes walking distance to market, seaside and pubs.
Well-known historical Lycian way just passes in front of our house; Turkey’s popular historical long-distance trekking route where hundreds of travelers past through every year.
You'll be having your own room.
You can join us for breakfast and dinner.
We work in the day time and go swimming, hiking, sea-kayaking in our free hours. We also do gardening and carpentry in our farmhouse, in 20 minutes driving distance in the middle of an authentic village where you can see dozens of of goats, sheep etc.
We have mild climate in Kaş so swimming is possible almost in 9 months of the year. Here in where we live people are friendly, open minded and helpful as this is a touristic destination.
In your free time, you can;
- experience outdoor sports including, scuba diving, hiking, cycling or join yoga lessons around.
- hike or cycle around the ancient coasts and swim over the sunken ruins.
- make gardening, carpentry and create DIY projects with us.
- learn and explore history of ancient Roman cities around.
- taste and learn about delicious Turkish cuisine.
- snorkel with caretta carettas.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
We have good internet connection (wi-fi) and relatively quite working environment if required cause I'm already working from home.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week