Favourited 104 times
I have been a Skipper over 30 years now and enjoying being at sea every day.
I'm currently sailing around the caraibian (Santa Lucia, Grenadines, Dominica, martinique...) on a 15 meter sailing boat, with different groups of young people from everywhere in the world. I am able to manage the boat by myself and don't employ anyone.
Our trips can go from 3 or 4 days to 2 weeks. We usually go from island to island, doing some snorkeling, visiting the islands and enjoying the Caraibian lifestyle...
I have been sailing the caraibian over the past 10 years, so I know the good place to go and I enjoy showing it to the guests...
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Helping with Tourists
Help with Computers / internet
- Learn how to Sail,
- how to Maintain a boat,
- General knowledge of sea and life on a boat,
- Learn how to organise travel with multicultural groups,
- Learn Spanish with me (I speak English and French, but I'm originally from Argentina) and other languages depending on the guests on board
I am running charters through all the caraibian island with different groups of young people.
-I need help during the Sailing (managing the sails, share the night watches, anchoring...) you don't need to have experiences just being willing to learn.. I will teach you along the way.
- cooking (only for the skipper and yourself, the guests are cooking for themself)
- cleaning and general maintenance of the boat : Helping me between the different cruises to clean the boat entirely, do the Landry and prepare the rooms for the new guests.
Spanish, French, English, Portuguese, Italian
Depending on the numbers of guests we have on board, you can sleep on a single bed or in a double cabin :
If the boat is full, you will sleep on a single bed in the common area.
if there is an empty cabin, you can use it for yourself.
Every cruise is different and I always try to do my best to make everyone feels comfortable, depending on who is on board !
3 meals a day are provided in exchange of your work.
When we are traveling, you can enjoy being on the boat, socialize with the guests, go swimming, do some snorkelling, go on shore to visit the islands...
During the different cruises the boat is in Fort de France. You can enjoy the nearby beach of anse Mittan or go discover Martinique !
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week