We aim to co-create a new way of life rooted in love and the collective well being.
We are a community of families, entrepreneurs, travelers, and individuals seeking to live in harmony with our surroundings.
We are not perfect, but we strive to learn and grow each day. Sharing our gifts with those passing through as well as gladly receiving the gifts you may have to share.
The days are full, but most evenings are a chance to relax and get to know one another. In the past we have done authentic relating games, cards, movie nights, poetry slams, dance lessons, beach parties, listening labs and even a book report by one volunteer who was very eager to share the wisdom from a recently finished read.
We welcome your skills during the day and your company as a fellow community member in the evening.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Collaborate on local community projects such as beach clean-ups and recycling. Work with a passionate team and learn new skills in a variety of areas. Upcoming retreat programming would be available at a discount. Interaction daily with locals who work around the property if you wish to practice Spanish.
We are building a community here , so we are looking for work-exchangers who want to stay for longer periods of time and really integrate into the community. The minimum stay would be 2 weeks but we prefer a month or longer. Please put the word 'Pura Vida' in the first line of your email to show that you have read our profile.
High Priority roles we need to be filled at the moment include:
- Plant-based Cook/Chef: prepare and cook tasty plant-based meals for all community members each day. We currently need someone with the skills to meal plan and cook for between 10-15 ppl each dinner. Must be able to create menus conducive to dietary restrictions such as vegan and gluten-free. (minimum 1-month commitment)
- Graphic Designer/Web Developer: if you have a strong background in this skillset we have many small projects we could put you on. (minimum 2-week commitment, can be remote in exchange for room and board at future date.)
- Grant Writer/Content Writer: there are many grants we'd like to apply for and could really use the assistance of a person who already understands what makes a grant submission successful. We would also love to have a content writer who's articles would appear on our website and social media. (minimum 2-week commitment, can be remote in exchange for room and board at future date.)
- Child Care/Teacher: there is a minimum of 3 children on-site at all times ranging from 2-10 yrs old. We need someone assertive yet compassionate, with educational background to care for, play with, and teach them each day. (minimum 3-month commitment. It is important the children have stability as they become very attached to the person in this role)
- Permaculture Gardener: create permaculture gardens, greenhouses, food forests, and food supplies for the on-site restaurant and a growing number of guests and residents. You'd also be helping with general landscaping maintenance as well. (minimum 2-week commitment, manual labor and help with landscape maintenance needed year-round. Permaculture gardener not needed until April 2020)
Please let us know in your email which roles you're interested in and what skills you will bring to the role. It helps us get back to you faster. :)
Single bed in one of our deluxe villas with access to three pools. If these are full we have a Tico house in the local pueblo. There are kitchen and laundry facilities. Wifi. Bikes to use to go to the beach (5 min drive away). Dinner will be included. If working more then 5 hrs a day or 25 hrs a week other meals will be provided.
There are many things to do on the property: hike, bike, swim. Also, go to the many beautiful beaches in the area. Ziplining, ATV, surfing, and horseback riding are also available in the area. There is a turtle conservation project nearby.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: