We aim to co-create a new way of life rooted in love and the collective well being.
We are a small and growing community of entrepreneurs, travellers, and individuals seeking to live in harmony with our surroundings. The surrounding development is filled with many ex-pat retirees and people looking to live Pura Vida.
We are not perfect, but we strive to learn and grow each day. Sharing our gifts with those passing through as well as gladly receiving the gifts you may have to share.
The days are full, but most evenings are a chance to relax and get to know one another. In the past we have done authentic relating games, cards, movie nights, poetry slams, dance lessons, beach parties, listening labs and even a book report by one volunteer who was very eager to share the wisdom from a recently finished read.
We welcome your skills during the day and your company as a fellow community member in the evening.
DIY and building projects
Creating/ Cooking family meals
Help with Eco Projects
Help with Computers/ Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
Collaborate on local community projects such as beach clean-ups and recycling. Work with a passionate team and learn new skills in a variety of areas. Upcoming retreat programming would be available at a discount. Interaction daily with locals who work around the property if you wish to practice Spanish.
We are slowly building a community here , so we are looking for work-exchangers who want to stay for longer periods of time and really integrate into the community. The minimum stay would be 2 weeks but we prefer a month or longer. Please put the word 'Pura Vida' in the first line of your email to show that you have read our profile.
High Priority roles we need to be filled at the moment include:
- Social Media Support: Marketing strategies; Regularly posting, monitoring and maintaining community social media accounts.
- Graphic Designer/Web Developer: if you have a strong background in this skillset we have many small projects we could put you on. (minimum 2-week commitment, can be remote in exchange for room and board at future date.)
- Content Writer: We would also love to have a content writer who's articles would appear on our website and social media. (minimum 2-week commitment, can be remote in exchange for room and board at future date.)
- Plant-based Cook/Chef: prepare and cook tasty plant-based meals for all community members each day. We currently need someone with the skills to meal plan and cook for between 10-15 ppl each dinner. Must be able to create menus conducive to dietary restrictions such as vegan and gluten-free. (minimum 1-month commitment)
- Permaculture Gardener: create permaculture gardens, greenhouses, food forests, and food supplies for the on-site restaurant and a growing number of guests and residents. You'd also be helping with general landscaping maintenance as well. (minimum 2-week commitment, manual labor and help with landscape maintenance needed year-round. Permaculture gardener not needed until April 2020)
- Grant Writer: there are many grants we'd like to apply for and could really use the assistance of a person who already understands what makes a grant submission successful. (minimum 2-week commitment, can be remote in exchange for room and board at future date.)
Please let us know in your email which roles you're interested in and what skills you will bring to the role. It helps us get back to you faster. :)
Single bed in one of our deluxe villas with access to three pools. There are kitchen and laundry facilities. Wifi. Bikes to use to go to the beach (5 min drive away). Dinner will be included. If working more then 5 hrs a day or 25 hrs a week other meals will be provided.
There are many things to do on the property: hike, bike, swim. Also, go to the many beautiful beaches in the area. Ziplining, ATV, surfing, and horseback riding are also available in the area. There is a turtle conservation project nearby.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 5 days a week
These are extra optional ratings when members leave feedback. The average rating left for each option is displayed.
Accuracy of profile: