Sziasztok! We are Csongi and Ágota (35&27), a Hungarian couple living on the countryside of Eastern-Hungary.
Csongi is a chef and furnace-builder, works with adobe and wood, and fixes things around the household.
Ágota is an artisan, loves sewing, learning about wild plants, singing.
Both of us admire upcycling, creating and playing.
Please read about our projects and living conditions down below!
We can provide vegetarian/vegan dishes, we eat meat occasionally.
Help with Eco Projects
DIY and building projects
Help around the house
We can teach you:
- working with clay and adobe;
- making and fixing clothes by hand or machine, embroidery;
- building wooden-heated furnaces;
- collecting wild herbs and mushrooms;
- jamming with instruments - we have: zither, jaw's harp, djembe, recorder flute and our voices.
- finishing the walls of our side-building with traditional techniques (wood and adobe);
- mulching the veggie garden;
- yearly maintenance (painting with lime, fixing the walls with clay);
- taking care of our apple-tree garden in a separate area and making homemade apple juice.
General housework: cooking, cleaning, decorating.
Our life is simple and comfortable, we always have enough warmth and food for everyone.
We have 2 cats and 20 chicken in our backyard.
There's a small guest room in our house for 2, a sofa in the living room for 2, plus a separate single mattress; also tents to use in the garden. We can give you blankets, pillows and sleeping bags.
Water: tap water from our well to shower and for the chicken. Drinking water from a nearby well. Rainwater for plants.
Toilet: a composting toilet outside and a regular indoor one.
Electricity: we have it from the system.
No TV, no WiFi.
Smoking is only allowed outside of the house.
Our village is very small (~30 people in total), 8 km from Szarvas, 10 km from Békésszentandrás
Public transport is great, there's direct bus contact from Budapest to Szarvas (3 hours). The train is a bit shorter time, but then you have to change from one line to an other.
We can pick you up at the station of Szarvas or Békésszentandrás.
There's a small lake/ backwater river at 10 minutes walking distance, where you can swim for free.
We have extra bicycles you can use to explore the area.
In Szarvas (8 km), there are some cute parks, buildings and shops.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Can host families
Next to us there is a big field to park your van.
Yes, if they don’t hurt our chicken or cats.
More than two
4-5 hours a day, 2 days off, meals provided