Bisher 470 mal gespeichert
Hello lovely people!
| Update |
It's summer season 2021 now and despite the corona situation we are pretty busy!
--> We are looking for efficient and hard working souls for making beds, cleaning, helping in the kitchen (we cook vegetarian) & taking care of the house.
--> People with gardening interests and skills are also very welcome because there’s a lot of gardening and plant cultivation to be done.
--> Furthermore, we would like to organise regular yoga/movement (or other types of) classes during spring and summer season. So any teachers out there, you are more than welcome :)
WHO ARE WE?
We are a team of 3 friends and our lovely animals. Each from different backgrounds – we include a social worker, a theatre artist and an academic researcher – we decided to change our previous lives in big European cities for a venture on the Georgian countryside. Georgia is a marvellous country south of the Caucasus mountain range and is a getting more and more popular touristic destination. In autumn 2018 we bought ourselves a huge, old Georgian house with over 3000m2 of land full of fruits and nut trees. The house is amazing and you – just as we did – will fall in love with it immediately. We renovated it with the help of a lot of friends and workaway volunteers and turned into a hostel.
Our bohemian paradise is located in Samegrelo, a western region of Georgia, close to the city of Martvili. If you would ask anyone in Georgia about Martvili, you’ll hear stories of its beautiful canyons and plentiful waterfalls. You’ll hear stories of Megrelians, i.e. the people of Samegrelo, who speak their own language, have a rich cultural tradition and a distinct cuisine.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Betreuung von Tieren
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Tourismus / Gastgewerbe
As said before house is located in Samegrelo, a region in western Georgia with its very own language, and a distinct culture. Considering that we are one of the very few foreigners living in the region at the moment, you will get an pure taste of Georgian and Megrelian life.
– A greet time in the Samegrelo regions with its canyons, hot springs, waterfalls and many more
– An enriching experience in a vibrating hostel with many international guests
Since we are open the help description for our volunteers has changed quite a bit :)
– The daily routine consists of regular household chores such as changing bedsheets, dishes, wiping floors, managing the reception etc.
– Besides this from time to time there are still some renovation tasks to be done, decorating, some small electricity stuff, repairing tools, etc.
– We are further looking for people experienced in woodwork to help build outdoor furniture.
– People with experience and/or interest in gardening are also welcome! We have a vegetable garden and built a green house to cultivate our own fruits and vegetables, so any help here is always welcome
You will be helping in shifts with every two days a day off (or any other arrangement we can agree on)
Just to mention too that there’s quite a lot to be done and you shouldn’t be afraid of some physical tasks :)
– Delicious food and comfy bed (you will be sleeping in our dormitory with shared bathroom)
– A beautiful warm home where you can enjoy a good talk our guests or have a moment by yourself in the garden
– Samegrelo has a mostly subtropical climate, so expect warm summers with plenty of exotic fruits like mandarins, kakhi, watermelon and kiwis.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: