Bisher 799 mal gespeichert
Hello lovely people!
Come and help us out at our hostel which we call home, and explore the beautiful lush green region of Martvili.
--> We are looking for efficient, hard working and independent souls to help with household chores and cooking.
--> People with gardening interests and skills are also welcome because there’s a lot of gardening and plant cultivation to be done. This will be a side job though, especially when there are a lot of guests.
--> We want to use the autumn and winter months to do extra construction work so experience in this regard can be good too. Same reservation applies as with garden work though.
--> Furthermore, we would like to organise regular yoga/movement (or other types of) classes during spring and summer season. So any teachers out there, you are more than welcome :)
WHO ARE WE?
We are a team of 3 friends and our lovely animals. Each from different backgrounds – we include a social worker, a theatre artist and an academic researcher – we decided to change our previous lives in big European cities for a venture on the Georgian countryside. Georgia is a marvellous country south of the Caucasus mountain range and is a getting more and more popular touristic destination. In autumn 2018 we bought ourselves a huge, old Georgian house with over 3000m2 of land full of fruits and nut trees. The house is amazing and you – just as we did – will fall in love with it immediately. We renovated it with the help of a lot of friends and workaway volunteers and turned into a hostel.
Our bohemian paradise is located in Samegrelo, a western region of Georgia, close to the city of Martvili. If you would ask anyone in Georgia about Martvili, you’ll hear stories of its beautiful canyons and plentiful waterfalls. You’ll hear stories of Megrelians, i.e. the people of Samegrelo, who speak their own language, have a rich cultural tradition and a distinct cuisine.
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Mithilfe auf einem Bauernhof
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Tourismus / Gastgewerbe
As said before house is located in Samegrelo, a region in western Georgia with its very own language, and a distinct culture. Considering that we are one of the very few foreigners living in the region at the moment, you will get an pure taste of Georgian and Megrelian life.
– A greet time in the Samegrelo regions with its canyons, hot springs, waterfalls and many more
– An enriching experience in a vibrating hostel with many international guests
– You need to be able to work independently and with an eye for detail. Over the past two years we have evolved to a hostel with a high standard so we have our specific ways of making the beds, folding the bed sheets and towels, presenting the food etc. We will take our time and patience to explain everything to you in detail, no worries. Having a good work ethic and a positive attitude is greatly appreciated though. The three of us are starting some side projects so it's important for us that we don't have to check if you did the work correctly every time.
– Life and work at the hostel varies according to the amount of guests we have, so when it's calm you might only need two hours to clean the rooms but if it's busy shifts can be longer than 5 hours. In the end it all depends on your sense of responsibility. If your shift normally stops at 15h but there are still a lot of bedsheets to be washed for the next day, we rely on you to complete this task until it is finished – otherwise we won't have enough sheets to prepare the rooms. We are always here to help but you should have some initiative in you.
– The daily routine involves regular household chores, Depending on which work shift you have this either consists of changing bed sheets, cleaning dishes, wiping floors or helping us cook.
– Every day we prepare a big breakfast and dinner buffet (almost always vegetarian but sometimes we might prepare meat). We always cook based on what we have in the house and the leftovers from the day before, so there is a lot of improvisation involved. This zero-waste approach stimulates our creativity in the kitchen and for sure you can learn a lot here.
– Besides this from time to time there are still some renovation tasks to be done, decorating, some small electricity stuff, repairing tools, etc.
– We are further looking for people experienced in woodwork or welding to help build outdoor furniture.
– People with experience and/or interest in gardening are also welcome! We have a vegetable garden and built a green house to cultivate our own fruits and vegetables, so any help here is always welcome
You will be helping in shifts with after every two days a day off (or any other arrangement we can agree on)
Französisch: Gute Kenntnisse
Russisch: Gute Kenntnisse
– Delicious food every single day and a comfy bed (you will be sleeping in our dormitory with shared
– A beautiful warm home where you can enjoy a good talk our guests or have a moment by yourself in the garden
– Samegrelo has a mostly subtropical climate, so expect warm summers with plenty of exotic fruits like mandarins, kakhi, watermelon and kiwis.
– Days out in the canyon, visiting a waterfall or stargazing at the hot springs.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: