WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY IN NEED OF VOLUNTEERS
!!!!!Please contact us for the advertised dates ONLY, as there is no availability at other times. Only contact us if you can commit 100%.
- We need volunteers to arrive on the last day of every month before the retreats or trainings, to help set up, as the new curriculum starts on every 1st. Please allow enough time for your journey. We cannot accept volunteers that arrive late.
You can partake in all classes. The TT is not certified for volunteers.
There is a $5/daily contribution.
This is a wonderful opportunity to exchange work, in turn to take part in our excellent Yoga retreats and teacher trainings, and live with us in our beautiful, magic and life changing Yoga Ashram, jungle, river and waterfall home. (There is a description of our Ashram a little later on in this profile. You can also visit our Ashram’s website for more info on the magic place we have created).
We have many animals, a baby boy, and lots and lots of work to do to create the magic that we are spreading here at the Ashram. We are inviting volunteers to be right hands, and in turn, you get to partake in all our retreat and yoga teacher training classes.
But before you say yaaayyy, please read on VERY CAREFULLY (!) and see if this really is the place for you and even more so, if you are really right for us!
We invite conscious people, aware, open, full of integrity, love of life and the ability to not just dream and talk, but to actually do. You need to be physically and mentally stable and strong.
You will be involved in all ashram projects (see below), as well as VEGAN (!) cooking and toddler play. Excellent vegan cooking skills are a requirement!
Please read this ENTIRE profile very carefully and REPLY WITH ALL THE REQUESTED details.
Tell us about yourself, what skills you can bring to the Ashram and which time frame you'd like to join us.
Please do not send us an email asking questions that are answered in this profile.
We will not accept bulk-mail applications. ******************************************************
We apologize for the very specific details on what we are looking for and what not, but we are creating a very specific container here for our students and need to make 100% sure our volunteers can fit in and support this energy.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR AND WHAT NOT
-We are not a place to volunteer and hang out, but to actively co-create! We are looking for active bouncy pixies, rather than slow hammock sloths...
I’m a single mother running this place, and I give my all to create this wonderful space. I need you to SUPPORT ME, BE MY RIGHT HAND. If you do not feel that you are up for that yet, please do not apply. I cannot support volunteers that make me more work than I already have. But if you are the right person, you will experience something really wonderful here! Thank you.
-3week committment for the long retreats. For the Yoga Teacher Training it's 2 months. For all stays there is a $5 DAILY DONATION.
- If you say you come, we rely on you coming. If you don’t show, we are a volunteer short and another is missing out this wonderful opportunity. We will write you a WA feedback confirming the no-show. Please consider very carefully if this opportunity fits into your travel plan. It SERIOUSLY AFFECTS US IF YOU DO NOT COME!
- ****** If you lie about your cooking skills, if you are in anyway emotionally negative, unstable or draining, or if you are not physically able to pull your weight (that includes maybe digging a hole), or if it turns out you have no interest in working and honestly supporting this great project and are just here for the Yoga, you will be asked to leave and given feedback on WA to that effect.******
- IMPORTANT: We provide an excellent basic vegan diet. We CAN ABSOLUTELY NOT SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS DIETARY RESTRICTIONS for the daily contribution of $5. There will be a starch with every meal. You CANNOT just eat fruit or vegetables. Do not just show up and expect us to cater for your special requirements. If you have any restrictions, you MUST inform us WITH YOUR APPLICATION, so that we can discuss if we can support you or not. If you need extras\snacks, please bring whatever you need, as you will only be able to go to town once a week, and we do NOT have much choice in the local town.
- We need you to have GREAT VEGAN COOKING SKILLS. THAT MEANS ACTUALLY BEING ABLE TO MAKE GREAT MEALS UNSUPERVISED for a usually around 10 people. That you are comfortable playing with new ingredients, spices and new flavors. You need to be interested in LEARNING how to bake bread and make our wonderful breakfasts. So that you can make them BY YOURSELF, when we are not able to do so. PLEASE NOTE: We do not use onions, garlic, ginger, chilli, no sugar and hardly any oil and only very little salt. So please make sure that you can cook without these ingredients.
- On top of your volunteering work there will be yoga classes and afternoon activities in which you can all partake, so THERE WILL BE HARDLY ANY FREE TIME! If this is too much for you, please do not apply.
- You should not be afraid of PHYSICAL WORK and we need you to be of strong body. If you have physical issues please resolve them BEFORE coming here. If you need a place to heal, please come and join us as a student. As a volunteer you are here to work and support us, which you cannot if your body isn't healthy or in disarray.
- To be able to run this place, we need to be able to rely on you. We need people to be able to take on responsibility for the task assigned to them, to do them well, with lots and lots of COMMON SENSE, people that REMEMBER their tasks without having to be reminded, who see what needs to be done without us having to tell them several times, or CHECK UP on them, and who do the work the way it was explained. Who remember to bring the tools back in and switch of the lights.
****Before applying please consider: are you REALLY this person, or do you just THINK you are?***
- You need to have communal working experience. We need people that effortlessly work in a team working environment. It’s not about how little work you can get away with, but how beautifully you can do the work assigned to you. YOU NEED TO PULL YOUR WEIGHT!
-We need you to be ENTHUSIASTIC and SELF-MOTIVATED, working here is not a chore. We would like to invite people who see it as a wonderful way to support a beautiful way of living.
- You need to have HARMONIOUS COMMUNAL LIVING EXPERIENCE. We are an extremely tight knit community during our retreats and teacher trainings. If you come with a lot of EMOTIONAL BAGGAGE, or if you simply cannot communicate well, truthfully and with integrity, or if you cannot resolve arguments peacefully by addressing them with the involved person, it causes friction. If you are such a person, please do not apply. If you are not sure, please do not apply.
- If you don't know how to use a broom, this place is not for you. We need people that know how to do stuff, or can figure it out.
- You need to love playing with CHILDREN. My little boy always loves to be entertained. Love playing with children means WANTING to play with him, AND KNOWING HOW TO PLAY WITH A KID, and most of all being happy to do so. He is a beautiful and fun little creatures. I focus on conscious education, mindful parenthood and integration of my boy into my lifestyle. Please be aware that he might bring a few moments of chaos and also extra blessings.
We have a wonderful space and many exciting projects for you (see below), but please note that on top of that, we expect ALL volunteers to proactively help out, hold or entertain the baby at times. I would like to invite volunteers that are excited about babies and who want to hang out with the little guy and don't need to be asked. You don't need experience. Please don't tell me you love babies and then ignore them or wait for somebody else to help out.
-Please note: We ask volunteers to be mindful of noise and to keep their voices down. Amplified music is also unfortunately not possible.
This makes for a wonderfully tranquil environment and is also conducive for the retreat nature of the Ashram. THIS IS NOT A PARTY PLACE.
WE ARE OFFERING MAGIC IN RETURN
-Please only inquire or commit when you know you can come 100%! Only apply for the announced dates. That means, think well before hand. Do not cancel!
!!!!And please remember to include all the requested info in your application!!!!!
Thank you for your understanding.
DETAILS OF VOLUNTEERING WORK
- If you come and join us, you will volunteer for 3 hours in the morning, helping us maintain the grounds, various projects, and maintaining the Ashram a beautiful place. As part of our community living you will also help with washing up, cooking of food and loving my baby boy.
- On top of your volunteering work there will be yoga classes and afternoon activities in which you partake, so THERE WILL BE HARDLY ANY FREE TIME! If this is too much for you, please do not apply. Our offered classes are not optional. This is an amazing opportunity to take part in our retreats and trainings. Please only apply if you have a real interest in our teachings.
-Afternoon is for community activities. Me sharing with you and you with us. Bring ideas, skills, passions and knowledge to share. Anything...
- Tell us what you will actively contribute - (you don't have to be a professional..). Tell us what hands on experiences you have that might help support the Ashram. We are unable to train people in every little detail. Please don’t say you can help with gardening if you have never planted a plant or think you can just ‘wing’ it or make it up as you go along. ‘Winging it’ makes our plants very unhappy.
- If you have project ideas, we are always happy to support them if we can.
The Yoga school/community has its beautiful nature home close to San RAFAEL del Sur, Central/Western Nicaragua, where we established a very small Yoga community (9-15 people at a time).
We offer a monthly three week Yoga retreats together with a mixture of wonderful classes and workshops, as well as the opportunity to partake in a skill sharing community lifestyle close to nature. We also offer 2 month Yoga teacher training to our students.
We are a family of travelers that have come together to share our experiences, as well as our love for peaceful living, sharing, beginning to grow our own food and other fun projects. Here you live with instant family in an active, involved environment. Come and share our home. I invite you to be part of this little piece of magic and to be open to new experiences.
Please note that we are NOT a hostel or a simple school or retreat place. We are not looking for volunteers to pop in and out, but for longer term commitment of dedicated people that want to be part of and actively help to co-create this magic little community. If we all have something to share, it will be vibrant and fun. If everybody just comes to watch… who will be watched?....
We love laughing, making music, singing, dancing, creating sacred spaces, circus, free hugs, cooking great food, baking, creating, sewing, making stuff, and of course playing. A big part of staying here is sharing, sharing of knowledge, skills, ideas and talents. Me sharing with you, you with me, and all residents with each other. Don't wait to be asked but offer to share! We are looking for volunteers to help with the property and projects, and who, at the same time, want to be an active part of our community.
During the Retreats, in the afternoon everybody teaches each other, to share their skills and passion or work on their own little ideas/projects to make our place as beautiful as it is. (Don't tell us you're a yoga teacher and then not want to teach, don’t tell us you love singing and then never sing, don't tell us you love creating and then sit in the hammock all day).
– During the Teacher Trainings there are no afternoon activities as it is study time for our students. During the Teacher training, you join for the FOUR hours of teachings in the morning and your three volunteering hours are in the afternoon.
In some free moments there will also be a beautiful little boy to be played with. There will be hardly any free time, but heaps to learn and fun to be had. We are looking for active givers rather than just receivers.
The Yoga practice I teach covers many aspects which are often absent from the regular class, i.e. a strong understanding of anatomy, principles of correct postures (alignment) and energetic flow. I teach History and Philosophy of Yoga, and most of all, the huge system of ancient knowledge which holds keys to contentment, happiness and balance for our lives. Just during the retreats here, you will learn more than in many Yoga teacher trainings.
I teach a combination of profound and all encompassing Yoga class in the morning, give lectures, talks, ceremonies and rituals which can be based in the Yogic or other traditions, Bhakti/Kirtan singing, as well as other fun activities such as art projects, raw food or Ayurvedic cooking, tofu making, sprouting, making dreamcatchers, feeling energies, Acroyoga, Estatic Dance and much more.
Besides what I will teach, there will be many wonderful things to learn from other volunteers.
The teachings in our school are in ENGLISH only.
!!!Please, only write to us if you really fit what we are looking for and if you really want to come here and you know you can definitely come on the committed to date. Once you commit we expect you to come. Please don't commit and then don't show or postpone. The running of the project relies on people coming when they say they do! It causes us a lot of difficulty when we do not have the right amount of people.
I know things change in the life of a traveler, but please do not commit to us if you can't stick to the date. We are not a hostel and 'see how it goes' timing unfortunately does not work for us. Please honor this.
!!!!And please remember to include all the requested info in your application.
Heimwerker- und Bauarbeiten
Babysitten und Kinderbetreuung
Zubereiten / Kochen von Mahlzeiten für die Familie
Hilfe bei Ökoprojekten
Betreuung von Tieren
Hilfe mit Computer /Internet
This project could involve children. For more information see our guidelines and tips here.
The Ashram is situated in a wonderful tiny local community. Here you will get a feel for the 'real' Nicaragua. You can practice your spanish with our staff, and get to know the super friendly local people around.
You would help 3 hours/day with our projects, and as part of our communal living you would also help cooking breakfast and dinner, depending on the schedule, and spend time with the baby in the afternoon or evening.
You come here to learn and be an active creating part of this community, not to just sit in a hammock.
I am looking for inspirational, innovative and fun longer term volunteers who bring either enthusiasm or knowledge, experience and ability to lead projects. This is not a hostel (!), but a space to CO-CREATE, bring your ideas and realize them.Tell us what you can share and teach.
We are looking for people who are not afraid of, but love physical work, getting sweaty and the satisfaction of wonderful creative work, maybe even carrying rocks! We are looking for laborers, but also people with ideas, TIME and the vision to put them into practice and even lead a project.
We are getting our wonderful garden ready for rainy season, composting, decorating, art, building and much much more.
If you find something you'd love to do, you probably can. Tell us what you want to create
VIDEO FILMING and AUDIO PRODUCTION and movie editing experience.
We are looking to put our extraordinary teachings and lectures on the internet and need an experienced volunteer in this field to film and record our teachings. Classes as well as separate specifically designed scenes. Somebody with good ideas would be especially welcome. We provide the equipment. The daily contributing fee will be waved for you and there is no other Ashram work required of you.
GARDENERS, GARDEN DESIGNERS and TROPICAL perma-culture people are warmly welcome, anybody with green fingers that loves plants, vegetables, flowers, fruit trees etc, and has EXPERIENCE in doing so.
BUILDING/CONSTRUCTION: For outdoors sitting areas, bridges, swings, tree platforms, the garden, the kitchen and much more. Common sense, a strong body, and some building experience is important.
ARTISTS: Artists with vision, who bring their own ideas, skills and motivation of their own to make this space the most amazing vibrating space. Making outdoors decorations, painting signs, making wind chimes, dream catchers etc.
We are inviting lots of ideas and creativity! We want to create a temple space, meditation spaces .
YOGA TEACHERS: For optional afternoon classes.
ENGLISH TEACHERS FOR THE LOCAL SCHOOL. You'll have an opportunity to teach the local kids English a few times a week! They are shy to talk, so it'll need somebody playful, and able to draw the kids out of their shell.
All volunteers pro-actively (!) help out with my little one.
HANDYMEN: for general repairs
COMPUTER skilled person for marketing assistance and social media.
FUNDRAISERS to help support this project.
Its about sharing what we can do, and you share what you can do by leading an afternoon activity. Spirituality, yoga, art, music, fermenting... and ANY other skills and interests. You don't have to be a professional, anything you enjoy you can share! Bhakti Yogis welcome! Hare Krishna friendly. If you can sing the Hanuman Chalesa, you'll be my best friend!!
Do you have interest in any special areas? Is there something that you always wanted to do? Please talk to us, we are always open to incorporate new ideas and you could even have your own project.
- Please bring strong soled shoes or boots, long pants, natural bug repellent (Deet actually attracts black flies), flashlight and a water bottle.
We provide 2-3 person DORM accommodation in a beautiful river/jungle setting.
There is also space to put your own tent or hammock. Please make sure that they are waterproof.
We do not drink alcohol, take drugs or smoke (all kinds) or drink coffe or black/green tees. Our set-up is rustic.
WE DO NOT SUPPORT ANY SPECIAL DIETARY REQUIREMENTS. WE ARE NOT GLUTEN FREE. Please respect that and don't spring this on us once you have arrived. We provide a daily vegan food basket with seasonal fruit, veggies, rice, beans, pasta, oats, spices, oil and other basics from which meals will be prepared. There will always be a starch with each meal (Pasta, Oats, Rice, Sorgum...).
To promote communal living, internet access and THE USE OF ALL ELECTRONIC DEVICES is strictly limited to 1/2hour twice a week. No exceptions. Including amplified music. We really want you to unplug!
There will always be one or two volunteers on cooking duties for breakfast and dinner or preparing afternoon snacks.
!!!Please be aware, that with the classes and activities, cooking meals, and your volunteer work, your day will be pretty busy. Considering that towns and other outside activities take time to get to, you will not have time to go to town/beach but on the weekly school day off. There are wonderful walks right outside our door...
We are about 5km outside of San RAFAEL Del Sur, 15km from Masachapa and Pochomil beach, Western Central Nicaragua (see the red dot on the map below).
The nearest town is San Pablo (3.5km on a beautiful nature packed dirt road, ca 30min walk). It’s a tiny local town with super basic necessities.
The next bigger town town, San Rafael Del Sur, is another 2-3km (5-10 minutes ,10 cordobas, by Rickshaw taxi) from San Pablo. San Rafael Del Sur is a charming small local town with an abundant market (Nicarguan style), all basic facilities and a PALI supermarket.
Great beaches (Masachapa and Pochomil) are also accessible by bus or taxi from San Rafael Del Sur.
Please note that due to our busy schedule you'll only be able to go to the further away towns on Sundays, the day off.
Internet access is strictly limited to 1/2 two times a week.
Eingeschränkter Internet Zugang
Wir besitzen Tiere
Wir sind Raucher
mehr als zwei
2-3 hours/day, 6 days a week
Warum lässt workaway.info Einträge von Gastgebern zu, die einen finanziellen Beitrag verlangen?
In Entwicklungsländern (wo die meisten Gastgeber gemeinnützige Arbeit oder Gemeinschaftsentwicklungsarbeit anbieten) verlangen einige unser Gastgeber einen kleinen Beitrag, um die Gastfamilie oder NGO zu unterstützen (meist handelt es sich um weniger als 5 USD pro Tag). Workaway lässt diese Art von Einträgen dann zu, wenn die Spende direkt an die Familie oder die NGO geht und nur dazu dient, die Kosten des Aufenthalts des Volunteers abzudecken. (Dies wird im Eintrag des Gastgebers deutlich angegeben).
Wir lassen keinerlei Inserate von Agenturen, „Vermittlern“ oder Projekten zu, bei denen wir das Gefühl haben, dass sie Profit aus dem Aufenthalt von Volunteeren schlagen wollen.
Dies sind zusätzliche optionale Bewertungen, wenn Mitglieder Feedback hinterlassen. Es wird die im Schnitt hinterlassene Bewertung für jede Option angezeigt.
Korrekte Angaben im Profil: