Hi, We are a family of 4...+ 1 dog and 1 cat
I sell nourishing Bone Broths at the local Farmers Market and love making organic chocolates! Yoga and hiking are my daily medicine.
My husband is an amazing cook, enjoys people and is an event producer.
Our 2 daughters age 8 and 14 go to Steiner schools and love meeting new people.
We have been hosting for 2 years now and it has been a wonderful experience for all involved.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
We live in a beautiful sunny eco home in the hinterlands of Byron Bay. We are close to many beautiful beaches and less then hour from the Gold Coast. Our property has great bush walks and a year round creek for swimming and a local shop to get your morning cuppa.
We welcome a WOMAN,(no men) who is adventurous, calm centred, with a can do attitude, and the ability to work without supervision. A love of children a must, a child at heart. Looking for someone who can drive!
Daily help include, working in the gardens, playing with my 8 year old (who loves people), house keeping, and helping in the local farmers market. Weekends are mostly free. We are very flexible and want to create a fun experience for all.
Please only reach out if considering to stay at least 2 weeks.
We are a fun, creative, loving family living an organic life style. My eldest is a vegan so we can cater to vegans/vegetarians.
We can support 2nd year visa requirement.
Here is a helpers review..
I’m going to write a review on how much I’ve enjoyed staying 3 months with Chris and Angela.
"7 Reasons to come and stay with Chris and Angela"
1. They really welcome you into the family and are open to conversations about anything. They are one of the most open minded people, who are ready to listen to any feelings you may have and try to help you in any way possible - whether it be lending something you need (including the car), life advise, or emotional support.
2. You will get to taste amazing food, everyday. You will have the best Lasana, grilled salmon, kangaroo fillet, barbecue ribs, Moroccan veggie soup, curry, kimchi, chocolate… all made with fresh organic ingredients. Wait, are you vegetarian? No problem - they've got that covered too! One of their daughters is vegetarian and they love experimenting with creating delicious vegetarian meal.
3. Location, location, location. Wake up with the bird’s singing… come out of your caravan and all you see is beautiful nature. There is no neighbors kids screaming, no cars and trucks disturbing your quiet night reading. Imagine going to sleep every night with milky way and shooting stars above you … Here, you can make that happen. I recommend morning Yoga at the balcony with the amazing view. Guaranteed you will be blessed with a good start of the day.
4. Flexible schedule. Chris and Angela are open to discuss with you on a daily basis about your schedule. It’s not a problem for you to take a day off here and work another day instead, on a mutual agreement. This is great if you get a paid work somewhere else, want to go on a camping trip with your friends, or go partying one night!
5. Community. Mullumbimby is a good sized,special town with uplifting community. Angela and Chris know a lot of great people and eventually you will get to know them as well, which makes you feel at home and not just a passing traveler. Once you get here, make sure you join the local Facebook group where the locals actively exchange information and helping each other.
6. Children. This list is not complete without them. They have 2 girls - aged 7 & 14 who are just adorable and sweet. They keep a great company at outdoor fun such as bike riding or walking down to the creek, home disco party and girls talk… Both the girls are very honest and loving, making you think “how can I raise children like them?” - The answer to that is, come and stay with Angela & Chris! They have so much fun together as a family all the time. Reminding you that laughter is the best medicine.
7. Farmer’s market. As a part of the family, you will be helping Angela at the Friday Farmer’s Market. This is the fun day of the week. You will get to taste some most delicious Sushi, pastries, smoothies, buy fresh organic produce at amazingly low price, meet people, and listen to great musicians play. Sure it’s early morning, but the beautiful sunrise is worth the 5am wake up.
To Chris and Angela, thank you so, so, so much for the great time!
We have a roomy, sweet sunny caravan for you to stay. Wifi included.
We live on a beautiful property with lotsa bush walks and creeks for swimming. Beach is close by. You can go kayaking on the local river.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
help us with cooking as we love making traditional foods, bush walks, beach time and music.
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week
Please log in and visit this profile to leave your feedback.