Favourited 716 times
Hello Dear :)
We are the gardeners - in a CSA in the south of Germany.
The farm was established in autumn 2014. Cultivated area is 6 ha and 0,8 ha greenhouse area under organic conditions (demeter association). In spring 2015 we started our CSA (community supported agriculture) and delivered our first vegetables in June the same year.
We grow more than 100 different vegetables and herbs to give our costumers a wide range of products year round. We planted already a couple of trees for the permaculture garden. At the moment we try to establish a Seed Cooperation with some other nearby farmers. Since summer 2016 we also startet to have some animals.
Animals on our farm are:
- 2 Alpacas
- 6 Sheeps
- 16 Chickens + 1 cock
- 3 Cats
- 3 Ducks
!!!! WANTED !!!
We are urgently looking for a female volunteer who will support us for a few months in the household. She should also be good with small children (3 years and 1 year) and help babysit in the afternoons. To have a driving license is a must :)
So if you like being with children and want to help us in the household, contact us :)
You get your own room, as much food as you want and of course you can help with the gardening and you can meet many other volunteers from all over the world.
You will get your own room in an old mixed-styled farm house.
There will be also space for your own creativity and the options are huge. From painting walls and trailers, to create a small playground for children...or taking care for animals, ... gardening... getting to know young and alternative people from all over the world.
We also offer of course free food and especially veggies :)
You can have a good time with us and we will show you the village-side and the traditions of our region.
It is a very sunny place in the south of Germany ..
Please contact us for more information :) :)
- We are happy to teach our way of working to others and are open to new ideas and dedicated people. We do not just want to offer work against food and lodging - we live and love what we do and offer cultural exchange as well as learning
- you can learn how to grow regional and seasonal vegetables in a biodynamic way
- completely own cultivation, we do not buy seedlings, we sow, peck and raise the plants by ourselves and by hand
- we have the possibility to use only seed-proof seeds, which comes from ecological propagation; no hybrids, no genetic engineering and we collect our own seeds
- we convert conventionally managed land to organic farming; this is an active contribution to environmental protection
- we don't use sprays, including insecticides and fungicides that are otherwise authorized in organic farming: We weed by hand and plant biodivers so that a natural soil structure is preserved
- we focus on biodiversity (flower strips, mixed culture), further distances between the plants for a better aeration and varieties that have been bred for organic farming (natural resistance) and a wide crop rotation. A mixture of permaculture and vegetable cultivation
- We like to explain everything very well and have a lot of fun with gardening
- You can gain a lot of practical experience and theoretical knownledge
- we will show you the beautiful region and you can also learn about the history, the regional food and drinks
- We can provide vegetarian and vegan meals. We do cook together
- we speak english and german
- a small, peaceful community with people from all over the world
- and many things more :)
We do have "Extra Projects", which you can join, if you have a special talent or just the will, to do that. Like creative and construtionable things, painting walls, constructing shelters, repairing bikes, building things inside the house or making juice, herbs, tea, mixed-pickles, jam, sauces...and many more.
We are also very open for your own ideas :)
Extra tasks are also:
- take care for the animals (not only feeding..)
- take care for the hole farm and houses areas
- contact to our members
- spread love :)
We work together with FoodSharing. It is a cooperation to save food before it enters the dumpster. The food is shared at our farm. If you are interested in that topic you can join one of us during the weekly pick ups.
For 2019 our projects are:
- go on with planting trees
- sowing and planting lots of vegetables
- finishing our first permaculture garden
- go on with chicken and duck keeping
- make a pond for aquaculture
- start mushroom growing:
- extending the production of herbs, for tea, spice mixtures
- building a camping area for Volunteers and eko toilet systems
- planting many trees
- painting walls inside and outside the house, artists welcome
- lots of constructing things
- & so many many things more :)
Our work during the hole year:
- weeding (all by hand) - not so much in winter
- planting (all by hand)
- sowing (all by hand)
- harvesting (all by hand)
- take care for all plants
- preparing soil (by hand/tools..)
- construction things
- creativity and arts
Everybody who enjoys working on a small scale farm in a nice and familiar atmosphere with many Volunteers from all over the world is welcome on our farm!
We are at the moment a team of 5 young people working and exploring the world of organic farming and solidarity agriculture!
We wish for people who are very interested in biodynamic farming methods and who like to work physically.
We are happy to teach our way of working to others and are open to new ideas and dedicated people. We do not just want to offer work against food and lodging - we live what we do and offer cultural exchange as well as learning.
Volunteers should work with us 4-5 hours from Monday till Friday.
We host 4 up to 14 Volunteers at the same time, so you can get to know many different people from all over the world.
Join us if you like! :-)
Nice to see round here is a old monastery (Maulbronn). Stuttgart and Heidelberg are nearby (half hour with train, one hour by car).
In summer you can go swimming in lakes or swimming pools (20 min car drive).
We can provide place to stay for 4, maximum 14 people in separated rooms and group rooms. One house of the farm is for apprenticeships and volunteers with kitchen, shower and living room, laundry room and garden.
It is also possible to camp or come with a motorhome.
All meals are provided. We work as well on a worldwide volunteer cookbook. Therefore we really like if you cook a traditional meal from your country :-)
Motorhomes and campers are also welcome.
Babysitting / child care
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
Help in the house
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Sowing, planting, weeding, harvesting vegetables and fruits in a biodynamic way
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Building, constructing shelters for the animals (alpaca, sheep, chicken, duck, fish)
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Agroforestry garden, creating area for our future Free Farm Kindergarden, camping space and ponds areas
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Helping with FoodSharing: Save food before it is thrown away and share it with the neighbors and everybody who wants to
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Regional food (Spätzle, Brezel, Knödel, Bier), sometimes regional wine tasting (depending how long you stay), trips to touristic places (Heidelberg, Tübingen, Maulbronn)
*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️ Meet a lot of other volunteers, we usually have 4 volunteers hosted,mostly more ;-)
The volunteer work is mainly gardening or farming in the greenhouse or on the field. But there are different tasks : we live all close together, we cook together and care together about the house.
Gardening work is, depending on the time you stay here, but mostly it is weeding, seeding, planting, watering, harvesting.
We do all by hand, so it can be a refreshing physical work and not just farm romance you will learn :)
We deliver our products weekly to our costumers. If you want to train your german skills, we can help you with that.
In 2016 we startet animal keeping. Here we would need help with the fences and preparing food and water as well as just spending some time with the animals to make them used to humans.
Another project this year is the establishing of an permaculture garden. Next to designing and establishing, art projects with natural materials are welcome.
The construction of a solar dryer for our herbs would require some handicraft skills. If you are up to that, it would be great.
If you write to us let us know in which field you are interested. If you don`t know it exactly, it is also no problem. Then you just can work with the core team of gardeners and maybe discover what you are interested in :-)
Usually single and group rooms in a nearby apartment to the farm. With kitchen and bathroom. Where we usually eat together, live together and share also freetime activities.
The house is a bit older and has not so much modern furniture. The most of it is self-made and mixed. You should also have no problem to live with many people under one roof. The house is mostly organized by the people who visit us. An alternative living together and interaction
We speak German and English
Markets are in nearby towns (10 minutes car drive). We started as well to cooperate with FoodSharing, therefore we get some food stuff like bread for free.
We can provide vegetarian meals.
Nice to see round here is a old monastery (Maulbronn). Stuttgart is nearby (half hour with train) and Heidelberg.
In summer you can go swimming in lakes or swimming pools (20 min car drive).
We can provide place to stay for 1, maximum 11 volunteers in separated rooms and group rooms.
It is also possible to camp or to come with a motorhome.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
Maximum 5 hours a day, 4 - 5 days a week
Accuracy of profile: