The room is available Starting in September 2019, for a minimum of 3 months, preferring someone who can stay up to 5 months. Prefer someone who will not be looking for part-time work, nor a study program that is more than 15 hours per week.
Come live in a home where we practice meditation daily (but you don't have to do it: just an invitation ;) and eat organic food with us!
It's me and my 3 cats. As well, as another workaday guest. My husband doesn't live with me though he comes to visit me once in a while. I have a small ecological cleaning business.
While very friendly, helpful, and considerate, we are both very busy and independent individuals and would like to have someone who can be equally as private and independent as we are. The occasional chat once in a while is welcome, and you should know that our schedule doesn't allow for too much social time. So if you are the independent type and you keep busy with projects and learning new things: this is the perfect home for you: you will have all the mental space you need to focus on your goals while in Montreal, outside of working workaway hours.
What I am happy to contribute to you for up to 2 hours per week: help with language skills, as well as healthy food education. I used to be a private language teacher in English and French, and I owned my own school. I have been eating healthy for 5 years now, and I am a walking health food encyclopedia.
I practice Tai Chi, Wu style and can also show you some about this, if you are interested.
Cooking / shopping
Help in the house
Help with Computers / internet
- Want to practice your French or English? I've taught both languages professionally
- free organic food
- learn about super healthy and tasty cooking, what food is good for what purpose, etc....
- Initiation and help with the practice of the "Work with Byron Katie": a mind-blowing method of self-inquiry, meditation, and self-knowledge that changed my life
Montreal is an amazing city with lots of offer - this home is in the city in a very multicultural area where most folks speak more than two languages. Churches, food, coffee shops, parks, recreation, shopping malls and much more all within a short walk
20-25 hours per week needed for help around the house.
- pays attention to details and excellence in the work done
- self-driven and learning fast, so that a smart autonomy can be established and you manage the tasks, establish/suggest new ones and those that need to be done
- resourcefulness and creative problem-solving skills
- provide links to your social media, and linked in profile if applicable
- respect your stay duration commitment in the home
- communicative: tell us if there is something that you don't feel comfortable with. we want to hear it!
- assertive, confident, proactive
- trustworthy and reliable
- respect our social boundaries and we respect yours.
- no drug use: no cigarette, weed, nor alcohol, preferred.
- do the groceries,
- keep the house clean
- home improvements, like painting jobs, installing curtain rods, installing shelves, fixing things here and there
- cooking a bit
- help us with manual things we may need
- web design and SEO Skills
- Social media marketing
- taking care of 3 cats (cleaning, feeding, medical needs if arises);
Hours can be worked on a flexible schedule and discussed together on a punctual basis. Days off can be discussed on a punctual basis or preset (e.g. weekends are off).
Some hours cannot be discussed and priorities must be given to those, but we give you plenty of notice time for fixed hours tasks.
We'd Skype first and do a virtual visit, and then we make a decision.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Separate, private bedroom in a 2-bedroom flat. Right next to Plamondon Metro station in Montreal (about 20 minutes to downtown, or about an hour's walk). Laundry in building. 3 cats share this residence. Shared bathroom and kitchen.
- 20 min walk from the St-Joseph Oratory
- great running area in the Cote-des-Neiges cemetery for those of you who love to run
- 10 min walk to the movie theather
- 15 min walk to bars and restaurants
- 1 min to metro station
- 5 min walk to grocery stores and pharmacy
- close to plenty of thrift stores and deep discount stores.
If you are into sewing: I have a sewing machine and equipment, if you want to make yourself some nice clothing.
Metro station within half a block of the house; otherwise it's up to you to get around.
- 7km to Old Montreal
- 10km to the Montreal Botanical Garden
- 4km to Mont Royal Park
- 10km to the Biodome
- 2km to L'Oratoire Saint Joseph
- 7km to the Basilique Notre Dame de Montreal
Lots of thrift stores, organic food stores, and fun shops to explore.
Have been hosting for 1 year and 6 months now; it's working very well and I love workaway
No smoking, no parties, no guests.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
Maximum 4-5 hours a day, 5 days a week