First of all: please read everything and don't send me a massmail :)
My name is Thomas and I live in a colorful community/neighborhood (17 different nationalities) of people who found and come together through veganism and bought these over 100ha (1.000.000m²) of land in the South West Algarve. Now the first members are moving in to the land and some of us, like me, are happy for every helping hands.
I am looking mainly for help at my own spot here and offer you vegan food and a place to stay in a nice, natural environment.
- We are dispersed on the land, sometimes you have to hike a bit for more social interaction.
- Sometimes I have up to 7 helpers at the same time, but you can also be the only one.
It means, please don't expect to much about the social topic. We called a community, but that means not that we have every day community activitis. We dont live close together as the land is huge and everyone have his own projects.
However, usually I plan, only one month in advance, so please adjust and always state your desired time period.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
We are an international (not native) community and physically a bit isolated from local settlements, but you can certainly learn sometimes/something about off-grid living, permaculture, wood-working, veganism and non-violent ways of life. It depends a lot on how long you will stay.
I have only physical and mostly hard work to do, so you have to be fit ;)
You can decide for yourself when to start, when to take breaks and when do you take a day off.
I need help with:
- Cave digging (if you do this job, you only need to work 4h a day)
- Gardening (digging, planting, building raised beds)
- Forest clearing
- make firewood
- work with clay
You have also to be a bit independent with a eye for what have to be done.
German (native), English (Community Standard), a little bit of many others
- There is running water and a hot indoor shower but we have to shower short and only with biodegradable soap/shampoo.
- electricity around the clock (via solar).
- the food will be shared and is basic, in the morning toast, oats & marmalade and I cook ones per day. If you have special needs, like coffee, beer, soymilk or loots of fruits you have to bring it by your self (but please only vegan stuff).
- Internet is also free, but you have only a WiFi-signal arround the outdoor kitchen.
- A washing machine is also available
- You can slep in the treehouse (it is not complet finish) or in one of the tents. There are mattress, blankets and pillows.
You can also come with your one Tent- or Campervan.
Friendly dogs are also welcome.
In your offtime you can go surfing if you are mobile by your own (the closest beach is 8km by car), explore the nature, do yoga, go swiming in one of a close by lake or visit others people in the community.
The closest "village" is pedralva, in case you have no car, I can pick you up there and sometimes also in Vila Do Bispo.
Be aware: I can't offer a shuttle service and we life in the wild with no close bus station or good roads.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
max 5 hours a day (max 25 hours, 5 days/week)