My name is Thomas, originally from Germany and I live here in the vegan-hills with 2 cats in a colorful community/neighborhood (18 different nationalities) of people who found and come together through veganism and bought these over 100ha of land in the South West Algarve.
I am looking for help at my own spot here and offer you vegan food and a place to stay in a nice, natural environment.
Please notice, that if you like to stay & help just for some days up to 2 weeks, I can't plan you in more as one month in advance. If you like to stay longer, like from 3 weeks on, you can ask me some month in advance.
Cooking / shopping
Help with Eco project
We are an international (not native) community and physically a bit isolated from local settlements, but you can certainly learn sometimes/something about off-grid living, permaculture, wood-working, veganism and non-violent ways of life. It depends a lot on how long you will stay.
First of all: I have only physical work to do, so you have to be fit ;)
You can decide for yourself when to start, when to take breaks and when do you take a day off.
I need help with:
- building a stationary tiny house
- building a climbing wall and a beach volleyball field in the forest
- Cave digging (if you do this job, you only need to work 3-4h a day)
- Gardening (digging, planting, building raised beds and windshields)
- Forest clearing
- make firewood
- work with clay
I like it, if you also bit independent with a eye for what have to be done.
German (native), English (Community Standard), a little bit of many others
- There is running water and a hot indoor shower (we use only biodegradable soap/shampoo).
- electricity around the clock (via solar).
- the food will be shared and is basic, in the morning toast, oats & marmalade and I cook ones per day. If you have special needs, like coffee, beer, soymilk or loots of fruits you have to bring it by your own (but please only vegan stuff).
- Internet is also free, but you have only a good WiFi-signal arround the outdoor kitchen.
- A washing machine is also available.
- You can slep in the treehouse (it is not complet finish) or in one of the tents. There are mattress, blankets and pillows.
- No Indoor smoking and outside only very careful, especially in the summer!
You can also come with your own Tent- or Campervan.
Dogs are also welcome, but because I have cats, they need to be on a leash the in the first time.
For long term volunteers special arrangements can be made.
In your offtime you can go surfing if you are mobile by your own (the closest beach is 8km by car), explore the nature, do yoga, go swiming in one of a close by lake or visit others people in the community. A walk arround the boarders of our land have allready 7km.
The closest "village" is pedralva, in case you have no car, I can pick you up there and sometimes also in Vila Do Bispo.
Be aware: I can't offer a shuttle service and we life in the wild with no close bus station or good roads.
Please also be aware, everybody here has and like his privatsphere and we have no daily or regular community activites.
Limited internet access
We have pets
We are smokers
More than two
4-5 hours a day (max 25 hours, 5 days/week)